PDA

View Full Version : MR Clean Magic Eraser on plastic trim

I Roll
05-03-2004, 10:49 AM
I tried the magic eraser on my Volvo`s plastic molding. Current Volvos with non-painted molding have a textured, charcol-gray, colored molding. I got a little Meguiar`s #9 on the moldings last weekend, and it started to show after I washed it this week. I tried the Magic Eraser on the molding and it seemed to work ok with a little elbow grease. I think the texture on the moldings makes a little more work out of it. You have to make sure to wipe down the moldings after you use the eraser because it will leave a white residue. Anybody else try the Magic Eraser on their black plastic moldings? I`m still searching for an easy way to clean stain from polish/wax.

Buick_guy
05-03-2004, 10:54 AM
Quick detailer. Thats what I have heard everyone say to use on that sort of stuff.

JayC
05-03-2004, 10:57 AM
Try a large white pen eraser from an office supply store.

Jesstzn
05-03-2004, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by JayC

Try a large white pen eraser from an office supply store.

Yeep or the Pink Pearl one.. I keep one in my detailing supplies all the time.

04BlackAV
05-03-2004, 11:32 AM
White eraser works great on plastic,I should know half my truck is plastic.Heh Heh Heh!

bboy850
05-03-2004, 12:09 PM
I used an old bottle of STP citrus degreaser and a old toothbrush on my Volvo...with some elbow grease, DACP stains came out and an 1 yr old TW bug and tar remover came right off! I tried everything including clay, eraser, and AIO.

mx5
05-07-2004, 08:41 AM
Peanut butter or vegetable oil will remove all built up wax on your plastic trim. Try it and you will see. Do a search on this board if you do not believe me.

Scott P
05-07-2004, 10:02 AM
Poorboy`s Trim Restorer is also a great option.