PDA

View Full Version : NXT protectant..on tires

unclearty
05-03-2004, 08:00 AM
I have now used the spray protectant twice on my tires. This is the first time..ever..that I really didn`t NEED to redo my tires 1 week later! This is a remarkable product. If the tires are really clean, I just spray this stuff on and leave it alone ..for at least a half hour. Then a lite rubdown with and old towel...man!! It turns my tires black, and the wipe down removes the shine..just leaves a low level sheen. The amazing part is...it lasts!! When I went to wash the car Saturday..I always start with the rims and tires...I gathered all my stuff...went to spray down the tirres with GPC..and what do you know???...they still look great!!! Of course I did them anyway, but I am very impressed with this stuff on tires. ..however..only if you like that low, level, black sheen..look:xyxthumbs

kpounds
05-03-2004, 08:20 AM
Nice discovery!! The little greenbacks in my pocket are warming up and telling me to head to the local auto parts store!

EBPcivicsi
05-03-2004, 08:27 AM
Yep, I have found that upon initial application that it is a bit high gloss, but dries to a nice sheen. A quick wipe down with a towel leaves a very nice black sheen.

I can`t tell how durable it is just yet because I have a nice base of endurance on my tires. The NXT has been serving as a topper I guess you could say.

thinksnow
05-03-2004, 08:33 AM
I just spray this stuff on and leave it alone ..for at least a half hour. Then a lite rubdown with and old towel...man!!

This is the key to success with NXT. The slight glow that you can achieve with it (and nothing else I`ve tried thus far) is amazing.

fusionnv
05-03-2004, 09:43 AM
Originally posted by thinksnow

This is the key to success with NXT. The slight glow that you can achieve with it (and nothing else I`ve tried thus far) is amazing.

Must stop buying products!!! I am building a huge collection since joining this board.

Matt M, PA
05-07-2004, 03:02 PM
Does the NXT protectant contain silicones? (Please, no arguement about silicones on paint here)

I like 303.

Good info about silicones on rubber and vinyl here...

http://www.303products.com/main.php?infopage=techfacts

imported_BretFraz
05-07-2004, 03:38 PM
Straight from the 303 site:

Other Degradants

Petrochemicals and silicone oils can remove the protective waxes and increase the rate of degradation. Common automotive "protectants" and "tire dressings" are typically devoid of UV stabilizers of any type and contain petrochemicals and/or silicone oils which dissolve away the protective waxes and can actually aggress the sidewall. In the event of warranty sidewall failure, one of the first things tire manufacturers look for is evidence of the use of these types of products. When found, this is often cause for not warranting the sidewall failure.

NXT protectant is solvent-based, not water-based like 303, Vinylex, etc.

jasonatv22
05-07-2004, 05:10 PM
I`ll agree with Bretfraz on the solvents, but only for garage queens and sunday drivers. Daily drivers shouldn`t have tires that last that long. If they do, please ditch the hard rubber and get something that acutally grips.

My tires might last a year, if that. (Car is fun, mountains sans traffic in city. woot.)

GoodnClean
05-08-2004, 02:26 AM
NXT is DEFINATELY solvent based which I prefer for tires, just looks so much better and lasts so much longer. Like Postwood says tires are a replacement item anyway. I wouldn`t use it on any trim.