PDA

View Full Version : Owned by 17 year old!

Pages : [1] 2

dlw
05-02-2004, 10:10 AM
I spent yesterday with my son`s black 93 Prelude VTEC using VM topped by NXT, getting ready for his prom. He mowed the yard (it`s a big one) while I detailed. After we both finished our jobs, I asked him if he wanted to swap cars for the night. He said no because he was afraid I`d "get into the VTEC" too much! LOL!

http://members.cox.net/dwaltz1/ludevette.jpg

http://members.cox.net/dwaltz1/ludevette2.jpg

a.k.a. Patrick
05-02-2004, 10:16 AM
We learn the hard way dont we ?? Nice ride he has, shoot my p.o.s. was 15 yrs old when i graduated ! 65 Chevy Mailbu in 1980....(Course, now im old and wiser and wish i had it!)

imported_NHBFAN
05-02-2004, 10:27 AM
Nice car! Better than the POSs I had when I was in high school.

Spent many days pushing my 1973 Ford Maverick:sosad

Spilchy
05-02-2004, 10:42 AM
You`re son has a nice ride! Great detail :xyxthumbs

I have never seen mud flaps on a Vette before! :p

04BlackAV
05-02-2004, 11:26 AM
Very nice,much much cooler than the 62` Chevy II that I had at that age.

dlw
05-02-2004, 12:35 PM
Thanks for the kind remarks. The Prelude has been the subject of a few past threads. Kind of a Phoenix project, bought on the internet, sight unseen and driven back to Omaha from New Mexico and painted in our garage at home. BTW, the "mudflaps" on the Vette are the hard plastic splash shields from Ecklers, they`ve kept the paint behind the wheels perfect since `92 and besides, most people just see them from a rear view! J/K, after all these years, I`m still not sure if I like them or not, pretty subtle, but very effective doing their job. The ZR-1 tires on the rear stick out just a bit further than the stock ones.

canisestinvia
05-02-2004, 12:56 PM
maybe try getting the mud guards painted to match your car. I did that for my brother`s acura tl. It looks pretty sweet. And it`s different from everyone else`s.

boarderx
05-02-2004, 01:24 PM
The Lude is looking sweet. I love that prelude. I followed your project from beginning to end. What a great job you did!

Ch!lledBudwei2e
05-02-2004, 01:29 PM
Superb, lovely cars, they have the same shape and similar lines my Integra. And the Vtec does seem to make for a good addiction, and people faces when you first lead them into one :)

On a side note, I like the blue calipers aswell, got round to painting mine yesterday, quick pic of them (http://www.rhodribaker.zen.co.uk/tyty/3.jpg)

admac
05-02-2004, 04:45 PM
yeah, really can`t believe that is the same car. the transformation is awesome.

Goldfingiz
05-02-2004, 09:49 PM
Hahaha, both cars look great!:xyxthumbs

RX-7 Addict
05-07-2004, 01:21 AM
So, your son turned down an 11 second Corvette because he was worried about you getting into VTEC (essentially taking the car past 4000/5000 - varies car to car) . Thats insane!

imported_tuffluck
05-07-2004, 03:30 AM
Originally posted by RX-7 Addict

So, your son turned down an 11 second Corvette because he was worried about you getting into VTEC (essentially taking the car past 4000/5000 - varies car to car) . Thats insane!

haha, precisely what i was thinking!

Slythetove
05-07-2004, 09:39 AM
I posted this before, but apparently many of my posts have disappeared...

Your son would rather drive that Prelude than that gorgeous Lingenfelter 383 `Vette?!?! :shocked

Where do you think you went wrong in his upbringing?

dlw
05-07-2004, 07:23 PM
Yes, sometimes I wonder about the kid! He`s taken the Vette out by himself for a half hour before but apparently was too nervous to really enjoy it. It`s not that he doesn`t like the power, he`s always going on about heating up his Prelude when he gets a summer job. On the other hand, my 16 year old daughter asked me to teach her how to drive a manual trans so we took the Vette to the school parking lot. 45 minutes later she was in full command cruising in the Vette (with me white knuckling it in the shotgun seat). Just kidding, she was amazing, like she had been driving it for years. Now, keeping her out of it is a bit tough. I take it out for drives on Friday and Saturday nights and now have to split driving time with her! I just love it when the young guys pull up beside us and see her at the wheel. They always do a double take!