PDA

View Full Version : NXT Comment & QD Trick

Pages : [1] 2

F 355
05-02-2004, 07:56 AM
A while back I posted a comment about my dislike of NXT.

In fairness I want to say I did 2 back to back shows. Sebring and Festival of Exotic Cars Mt Dora. The latter is ICA certified judging. Got a 1st and 2nd place.

Upon arriving to the events (a 4 hr drive) I want to hit the car with a QD to get rid of minor road kill, etc. NXT QD was out becuase of fear of residue in cracks... and Final Inspection does not seem to coexist well with NXT.

The solution....if you use NXT...try some Zaino QD...works great.

I`m still not a fan of NXT and going back to the Twins or Autoglm...

Best Rgds

Frank

F 355
05-02-2004, 08:00 AM
PS... THE Money Shot....

:)

Antonio Wright
05-02-2004, 10:30 AM
The last time I checked NXT did not have its own quick detailing product. So what are you talking about?

imported_Greg
05-02-2004, 10:43 AM
Final Detail seems to work great with NXT. I assume by the NXT QD he meant the Spray Wax.

NozeBleedSpeed
05-02-2004, 11:32 AM
F 355, Im sorry but Im not completely convinced of your QD theory on NXT. I`ll have to drive that car to really understand what you mean.

Where would be a good place to meet?

F 355
05-02-2004, 11:46 AM
Yes, I`m talking about their QD Sray Wax...Zanio works great with it (although I don`t care for Zanio). But for you guys that like NXT, try the Zanio QD on top...works very well...

NozeBleed - Brandee says OK to the test drive, as long as she can go with you.... :) Sigh...

NozeBleedSpeed
05-02-2004, 11:52 AM
Dude, now I really freakin envy you.....

Keep whats in the red paint. I`ll take whats in the red dress!

Any apprenticeship program available?

I really cant believe you would take time out of your life to even post about a QD.......:lol

F 355
05-02-2004, 12:05 PM
I use to be a daily....got busy starting a new biz....will be a regular again.... a lot of the "old timers" on this site know me....

Will have to tag up with the "usual suspects" during the upcoming weeks.....

Appreciate the kind words...gotta go...Heat game starting..

Best Rgds

Frank

imported_NHBFAN
05-02-2004, 12:07 PM
Beautiful! Just Beautiful!

And the car`s nice too.

imported_jgv
05-02-2004, 02:15 PM
Hopefully that`s a MF dress, and she doesn`t contain silicones too, or might scratch :lol

Buick_guy
05-02-2004, 02:24 PM
YUM.

NozeBleedSpeed
05-02-2004, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by jgv

Hopefully that`s a MF dress, and she doesn`t contain silicones too, or might scratch :lol

Man, she could sit on my car in sandpaper panties. :D

GoodnClean
05-02-2004, 02:36 PM
Congratulation on the win!

Yeah I`m not sold on NXT either. I like the shine, and its the best at hiding imperfections I`ve ever seen. but its turned into a real bear to work with, it smears, QDs dont work well. It was even more pronounced now that I`ve used Wolfgang and #16, so easy in comparison...

jfelbab
05-02-2004, 02:51 PM
I just tried topping NXT with #26 and QD works like a charm. I`ve always loved #26 though on my Red MR2.

I`ve read about several folks topping with #16 too. Haven`t done that yet but I have found nothing the loves deep red paint better than #26 and I`ve tried almost everything under the sun, from A to Z, over the past 14 years on that MR2. JMO.

Jim

topnotchtouch
05-02-2004, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by F 355

Yes, I`m talking about their QD Sray Wax...Zanio works great with it (although I don`t care for Zanio).

Actually the NXT Spray Wax is NOT meant to be used as a Quick Detailer. It is a "booster" wax. It is applied just like the NXT Tech Wax itself except that you spray it on. You still have to rub it in with an applicator, wait for it to haze and wipe it off. If you are using it as a Quick Detailer than that may be one source of your dissapointment.

As others have said Final Detail works great with NXT Tech Wax. Actually I have not had an issue with Final Inspection on NXT Tech Wax either but, I do prefer Final Detail anyway.