PDA

View Full Version : Scratch X or Medallion Premium Paint Cleaner

Webb
05-01-2004, 09:13 PM
Which is stronger ?For a Patriot dark blue Jeep clear coated.

It has some minor swirl and fine scratches.

Also which pad would help me the most? I have these here (http://www.meguiars.com/store_meguiars/images/product_wda.gif)

Thanks

imported_BretFraz
05-01-2004, 09:57 PM
Use the Medallion. Its better suited for machine use. Scratch X is a hand-applied product.

Scottwax
05-01-2004, 10:08 PM
What Bret said. I will admit that Scratch X is a much better product than I thought it would be. Very effective at removing paint transfers.

Webb
05-01-2004, 10:13 PM
I have a PC,so in that case Medalion would be better.

JustinR32
05-01-2004, 11:02 PM
Medallion is also quite good for use by hand. It`s the strongest cleaner Meg`s makes for use by hand.

Just a tidbit, not meant to be contrary advice. It`s a heck of a lot better to use MPPC by PC, and as mentioned ScratchX is hand-use only.

From Rod Kraft: In order of strength, strongest to mildest, MPPC, ScratchX, #9.

I`m thinking that that`s not the whole story, though. That doesn`t mean they all work the same way. #9 by machine might do more work than ScratchX by hand, but ScratchX by hand might do more work than #9 by hand.

Tom

slov98
05-02-2004, 10:24 AM
I had these blemishes in my paint that wouldn`t come off with regular wash, stratchX got them all out, so I did the whole car with it.

I didn`t buy it to cover scratches/swirls, so I`m not sure if it did anything in that area, especially since my car is white.

Webb
05-02-2004, 01:19 PM
What speed should I use on a PC?I did it last time on 4.