PDA

View Full Version : Sealent Slickness??

Z71OffRoad
05-01-2004, 07:05 PM
How long should a sealents slickness remain?

I put PoorBoys SSR1 and EX-P on my car monday and it was very slick at that point. Today when I washed it I noticed it was allmost like my paint was dry. I only put one layer of this on so far. It still beaded well and had a great shine it just wasnt slick. I applied by hand and let cure for 1 hr before wiping off.

Did I do something wrong or what?

imported_NHBFAN
05-01-2004, 07:11 PM
Originally posted by GreyWolf

How long should a sealents slickness remain?

I put PoorBoys SSR1 and EX-P on my car monday and it was very slick at that point. Today when I washed it I noticed it was allmost like my paint was dry. I only put one layer of this on so far. It still beaded well and had a great shine it just wasnt slick. I applied by hand and let cure for 1 hr before wiping off.

Did I do something wrong or what?

All sealants lose their slickness over time, but that`s pretty fast.

My best guess is that you needed to polish a little more. Perhaps SSR2 and a more aggresive pad, (were you using a PC?) but that`s hard to tell without seeing you car.

Also, to really make your finish slick you should clay first.

BTW, Welcome to Autopia:welcome

Z71OffRoad
05-01-2004, 07:18 PM
The vehicle was:

Washed with sonax

Clayed with zaino clay

SSR1 PC with White Lake Country Pad on 5 till dry

EX-P

The car is white and its brand new. The paint is in great shape. Probable didnt even need the SSR1 but I used it anyway.

imported_NHBFAN
05-01-2004, 07:26 PM

The vehicle was:

Washed with sonax

Clayed with zaino clay

SSR1 PC with White Lake Country Pad on 5 till dry

EX-P

The car is white and its brand new. The paint is in great shape. Probable didnt even need the SSR1 but I used it anyway.

Ohhhhhhhhhh,

As Rosanna Dana used to say, "Never mind".

Not sure why it lost it`s slickness that fast.:nixweiss

I`ve never used EX-P, plan to purchase some as soon as my EX runs out though.

I saw your post count (equal 1) and I thought I was talking with a Newbie. By your product selection it seems you know what you`re doing:xyxthumbs

Z71OffRoad
05-01-2004, 07:31 PM
Yeah I been detailing for about 15 years. I am just a newb to the internet world....lol

How do you like the EX? I was thinking of trying some of that for the wifes blue car

imported_NHBFAN
05-02-2004, 01:45 AM

How do you like the EX? I was thinking of trying some of that for the wifes blue car

I like EX just fine. It`s my product of choice for direct sun applications. And for some reason FD really makes it pop.

Personally, I haven`t found a sealant yet that optimally I wouldn`t use a "topper" on ... usually S100.

Perhaps I`ll skip the topper with WG, but I`ve been too busy to use WG yet.

shaf
05-03-2004, 09:47 PM
It`s perfectly acceptable to revive the slickness with some QD. The protection can still be there, but it`s just not as slick anymore.