PDA

View Full Version : What do you guys think of these combos?

JaCkaL829
05-01-2004, 01:41 PM
Ok, ever since I got a new job as a Pharmacy Tech i`ve decided to go for a PC. I`ll prob order it, along with the pad kid on Autopia in the next week or two. I`m just wondering if these combos I though up of are good and will work(any bonding issue problems). I have the following: 1Z PP, VM, CMW, WG Polish, WG Sealant, P21s and EX-P. I`m thinking about also getting a bottle of FP.

I`m just wondering if my first 2 steps make sense.

Since 1Z PP(PC) is my strongest polish I figure always start out with it, considering almost all of the cars I`m doing are pretty old and in bad shape. Then from 1Z PP either going to FP(PC) or WG Polish(PC). Depending on the color of the car I would throw in VM as a last step before the wax or sealant. Does this sound right??? Im wondering if i`ll have any problems with products having different oils in them or not??? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

THanks!

:bow :bow

imported_NHBFAN
05-01-2004, 02:47 PM
Depending on the color of the car I would throw in VM as a last step before the wax or sealant. Does this sound right?[/B][/QUOTE]

Sounded pretty good, right up to the part where you`re going to apply VM before a sealant.

VM before a wax:bounce :xyxthumbs

VM before a sealant:scared :shocked:scared :nono

JaCkaL829
05-01-2004, 03:13 PM
Hmmm...it seems like Scottwax and other members have been having good results with the VM/EX-P combo??? Is VM only compatable with EX-P..limiting my sealant choice with VM to just EX-P????

imported_NHBFAN
05-01-2004, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by JohnnyDaJackal

Hmmm...it seems like Scottwax and other members have been having good results with the VM/EX-P combo??? Is VM only compatable with EX-P..limiting my sealant choice with VM to just EX-P????

Sorry I missed the EX-P in the list of products you already have, I was looking at the WG sealant.

Yes, I guess you can use VM before EX-P and possibly NXT.

But for most sealants, e.g. WG, Klasse, Z, UPP, #20, etc ... VM wouldn`t be the best choice.

JaCkaL829
05-01-2004, 03:21 PM
No problem, for the lighter colors I`d prob go PP, FP, then WG Sealant

shaf
05-03-2004, 08:32 PM
I think you have far too many products going on there.

Trying to strive for a perfect finish and ultimate shine is great, but you should really be placing more emphasis on the early polishing stages rather than trying to heap on the protection layers like that. Some of those products will probably wipe out some of the previous ones too. You can probably eliminate 3 of the last few products....