PDA

View Full Version : rotary polisher

gav'spurplez
05-01-2004, 08:58 AM
Yo guys, thinking about detailing a car here at work. we have a rotary polisher. i have used one before and know that i have to keep i at a low speed and keep it moving !!! But how can i avoid the hologram markings ?? do i use the pad at an angle or keep it flat ?? just wondering :D

scottabir
05-01-2004, 09:10 AM
Keep it flat. A lot of polishes require higher speeds to break down nicely, I think DACP is around 1750 Rpms.

Yes keep it moving and stay away from edges...oh yeah cover EVERYTHING you dont want polish splatter on.

JoshABI
05-01-2004, 09:16 AM
I would just stay away from the rotary until you are sure about your cababilities on the machine. I`m assuming that you will be working on someone else`s car at your work, so it might be good to do it by hand for now, and not "practice" on this one.

I`m not trying to drag you down, but if you are asking these types of questions, it might be best to play it safe and do it the way you know how...by hand. :nixweiss

gav'spurplez
05-01-2004, 09:20 AM
I TOTALLY understand but the paint is really bad and polishing/waxing by hand would do nothing. i have used this polisher before and have been ok. just making sure that`s all ;)

scottabir
05-01-2004, 09:25 AM
Check out the thread in the professional detailers forum and the sticky rotary usage at the beginning of the threads.

gav'spurplez
05-01-2004, 09:55 AM

scottabir
05-01-2004, 09:59 AM
no prob.