PDA

View Full Version : Convertible Back Plastic Windshield

imported_Malachi
04-30-2004, 11:24 PM
I used AIO on the subject matter and found that it made a noticeable difference. I used a polishing pad and my ROB set at 5.

I just bought some #10 and #17 and hope to make a comparison in the future.

DavidB once suggested using a 3" pad. I am not familiar with that. Does anybody have some information they could share?

canisestinvia
04-30-2004, 11:46 PM
do you have to set a flat board against the back of the window while you work the ROB? my convertible`s backwindow is glass, so i`m not experienced with how fragile they are, but i did want to clean up a friend`s ride.

imported_Malachi
05-01-2004, 12:15 AM
Originally posted by canisestinvia

do you have to set a flat board against the back of the window while you work the ROB? my convertible`s backwindow is glass, so i`m not experienced with how fragile they are, but i did want to clean up a friend`s ride.

No, I did not. It was fairly taut and since AIO cleans chemically and not with abrasives there is not need to press down on the ROB. You can make the argument that it should be applied by hand since it is a chemical cleaner but I chose to use a finishing pad.

jimmybuffit
05-01-2004, 06:06 AM
You`ll be quite impressed with 10 & 17. Try it by hand first...

Also, I`ve had good success on scratches (Miata and S2000 windows) with 4000 grit sandpaper, followed with polish.

Jim

chris0626
05-03-2004, 01:46 AM
I think this was exactly the kind of application for which Meguiar`s PlastX was developed. I`ve had some awesome results with that product. Have you tried it?

imported_Malachi
05-03-2004, 09:39 AM
Originally posted by Lynn

I think this was exactly the kind of application for which Meguiar`s PlastX was developed. I`ve had some awesome results with that product. Have you tried it?

No, I have not. How is that different that #10 and #17?