PDA

View Full Version : Black Benz Paint??

harleytrkguy
04-30-2004, 04:39 PM
Had a customer ask me if i knew anything about using well water on mercedes benz paint. He was told that it leaves little white makrs on it. I dont know if he`s talking about after you dry it or if you dont dry it, but i was wondering if anyone else has heard of anything like this too???

Also is there any special precautions that i should know about the benz paint that is different from the USA brand paints???

a.k.a. Patrick
04-30-2004, 05:39 PM
The Benz` I have experience with are a pure joy to detail! The paint really cleans nice, and reflect wonderfuly. Domestic car makers should take a lesson from the germans and Italians....

newf
04-30-2004, 06:09 PM
don`t most benz have like a bazillion layers of paint on the cars? Super SUPER thick.

bunker
04-30-2004, 06:37 PM
The water the city uses here in Arizona is mostly well water. Our soils and water are very alkaline. (They contain a lot of disolved salts and minerals) Nothing worse than sprinkler water spraying (and drying) on your cars`s finish. When the water drys, it leaves white water spots that are very dificult to get out. I always wash cars with soft water when possible.

Just make sure you don`t let the water evaporate on the finish before you have a chance to dry it and you should be fine.:xyxthumbs

imported_Terry
04-30-2004, 08:58 PM
I never use hard water on any of my cars. Mercedes paint is gorgeous when its cared for properly.