PDA

View Full Version : Using P21S Total Auto Wash

katakali
04-30-2004, 09:07 AM
G`day from Aus,

I`m a newbie at detailing, but i`ve been viewing this forum and getting a lot of great ideas from you guys for the last few months.

I plan to remove all the old wax from my 5 year old car (clear coat) using TAW, before the claying and then applying several layers of the Klasse twins followed by a P21S canauba topper.

Unfortunately, I`ve lost the label (and hence directions) from my bottle of TAW :o

Could you please advise me on what concentrations of TAW to use and how to apply and remove the the product from each of the following areas:

1. Paint.

2. Engine

3. Undercarriage

4. Wheels

5. Wheel wells

6. Any others?

Thanks mate(s).

37buckeye
04-30-2004, 09:37 AM
I`m quite fond of P21S Total Auto Wash (citrus degreaser).

One question for you: Wouldn`t Klasse AIO remove all your old wax without the need for P21S TAW?

My bottle of TAW does not list recommended concentrations for tasks. I tend to spray it on full strength for dirty places such as wheelwells, undercarriage and engine.

To remove insect remnants, I`ve been using a 50:50 mix with water. I make sure to re-wax the surface afterwards.

Accumulator
04-30-2004, 10:41 AM
katakali- For what you`re doing, I`d just use it straight. I dilute it a bit (just by eye, nothing scientific ;) ) for regular-wash use in wheelwells, but if you want to really clean things off, I`d just use it udiluted. And rinse it well!

You might oughta plan on using a polish before the AIO. AIO does virtually nothing for swirls and other marring.

katakali
05-01-2004, 07:35 AM
Thanks ema,

However I`m confused -Should I use AIO, rather than TAW (undiluted), before the claying process?

katakali
05-01-2004, 07:48 AM
Thanks Accumulator,

I do have some micro-marring.

You`ve got me rethinking things - Preparation is critical.

Before anything else, I`ll do some research on swirl and scatch removal.

stevet
05-01-2004, 09:35 AM
What`s different about P21S Total Auto Wash compared to the other citrus degreasers out there? I have Greased Lightning Orange Blast. Is this stuff similar?

katakali
05-02-2004, 09:47 AM
Stevet, I can really only comment on the P21S TAW, as I haven`t tried the ‘Greased Lightning Orange Blast’ product.

I guess the TAW’s main strengths are:

1. Versatility – It can be used everywhere, in the garage and in the house.

2. Very safe – no fear.

3. Great Smell (Which would be the case with the Orange Blast, also).

Hopefully, other members will respond to this post and help us out.

37buckeye
05-02-2004, 05:28 PM
katakali,

Either AIO or TAW (undiluted) will remove your existing coats of wax. I just wanted to point out that AIO would also do the trick.

As Accumulator pointed out, if you have micromarring or minor swirls, you might want to consider using a polish before adding the Klasse twins.

katakali
05-03-2004, 05:21 AM
Hi ema ,

I take your point - AIO is one of the most versatile products out there, and being primarily a paint cleaner, would remove any existing wax coats.

As any existing wax would be very negligible in my case (Weekly shampooing between single-coats of Meg’s Liquid Gold Class Wax every 3 months), a third (and more economical) option would be to wash with a stronger shampoo solution (mainly to remove any loose dirt prior to claying).

With regard to the polishing step between claying and AIO, I agree with you and accumulator, and am currently using both the “Learn†and “Search†facilities to do research for my particular case .

:xyxthumbs