PDA

View Full Version : Buying a "little green machine", any suggestions?

zesty-man
04-30-2004, 03:40 AM
well, im planning on getting the little green machine, becaue its something thats affordable for me, and i dont plan on running into any major stains in the near future. i just need something that can take some dirt out of the carpets, and make them look "nice and neat". so, i was wondering

is there any certain model i should buy?

are there any additional attachments i should buy?

are there any custom "settings" i should use?

thanks for the help

dmatre
04-30-2004, 07:02 AM
I got the cheapest one possible (only one button - ON/OFF).

It`s a no-brainer, and don`t worry about the tough stains, they`re history. Simply use a little cleaner ( I like Griots Interior Cleaner, but any carpet cleaner should do), scrub it in with a brush, let it sit for 10 minutes, then extract it using the hottest water that you can put into the Little Green.

You`ll be amazed at the results!

One note: don`t use the cleaner that they supply in the rinse water, as with this, the cleaner doesn`t get fully rinsed out (unless you do a second pass with only water), and it attracts dirt much more quickly.

imported_elortt
04-30-2004, 07:06 AM
Yes - buy the proheat model w/turbobrush (usually around $89-$99)

No - I dont think that they`re really are any extra attachments, you get 3 or 4 attachments with it

Custom Settings = power - on / heat - on

Eric

Vincent Vega
04-30-2004, 08:03 AM
You will be very happy with it. A final pass with water only does really help. If I`m in a hurry I only wash, no rinse. I used dilluted Orange Blast the last time(Tan). Turned out very nice. I use a nail brush to raise the nap when done. If I feel fancy, I brush a striped pattern into the carpet.

AutoNova
04-30-2004, 08:13 AM
I have the heated model, the only way to go and I use it with the woolite mixture. This way when I go in to vacuum I spray the door and seats and everything at the same time and wipe down with a towel. It is an incredible time saver. Spray the carpets throughout the car and let them soak for 5 minutes at the sam time treat heavy stains with 303 or Folex.

zesty-man
04-30-2004, 09:29 PM
thanks for the help guys. i have a pretty stupid question, but its sorta relavent for me. do you have to supply the hot water, or will the machine warm the water up for you? my only concern is that when i go to someone else`s house, i dont think they would be too enthused if i asked them for some hot water.

ZaneO
04-30-2004, 09:56 PM
Originally posted by zesty-man

thanks for the help guys. i have a pretty stupid question, but its sorta relavent for me. do you have to supply the hot water, or will the machine warm the water up for you? my only concern is that when i go to someone else`s house, i dont think they would be too enthused if i asked them for some hot water.

There are 2 models; one`s heated, the other isn`t.

zesty-man
04-30-2004, 11:09 PM
in other words, one heats it water by itself, and the other one has to already have hot water in it?

ZaneO
04-30-2004, 11:15 PM
yes

zesty-man
04-30-2004, 11:17 PM
ah that makes sense. now, does anyone know where i can get one of these. ive tried walmart, home depot, and lowes websites, and it seems that they dont sell the machine. i could be wrong, but can anyone give their insight on this one? thanks for the help

dmatre
05-02-2004, 06:38 AM
According to the Bissell website:

Amazon.com, Sears, Target, Lowes, Costco, Ace, BestBuy, Boscovs, Ace, Kohls, Linens & Things, TruValue, Walmart

Click Here: http://www.bissell.com/Search/Search.asp?Type=Product+Search&Criteria=Simple+Green

zesty-man
05-02-2004, 08:29 PM
yea i saw that, however about half of those links that they give dont exist anymore... has bissell stopped manufacturing the little green machine?

GoodnClean
05-03-2004, 12:51 AM
I saw one at Sears today, it almost became mine :D

zesty-man
05-03-2004, 01:12 AM
thanks. ill give sears a ring tomorrow