PDA

View Full Version : So going through our garage...I found some old school stuff

IntrstlarOvrdrv
04-29-2004, 05:46 PM
I guess, I dunno how old it is or anything. I found a 2 step system thing by Polyglycoat, a bunch of old zymol products and some old 2 step turtle wax sealent stuff...but what is the Polyglycoat? I have never really heard about it:nixweiss

JustinR32
04-29-2004, 09:13 PM
Polyrazzmatazz!

It`s from the late 70`s. There was a TV commercial, maybe for Ziebart, that made fun of it. It was an aminofunctional silicone sealant, like NuFinish or Rusty Jones or 5-Star type stuff. At one time, "polyglycoat" was synonymous with "paint sealant", as in. "I polyglycoated my car with NuFinish."

"In l975, Laitmon wrote the marketing plan for Polyglycoat, the first automotive Paint Sealant and product line to be sold to the consumer through the New Car Dealer. He helped Polyglycoat line-extend to include rust proofing, vinyl top dressing, fabric treatment and undercoating. This enabled the New Car Dealer to make a greater profit when selling these aftermarket items than they did from the gross profit on the car alone. Laitmon is often credited with participating in the formalizing of the Aftermarket at the Automotive Dealership." From here. (http://www.laitmon.com/peter.html)

Tom