PDA

View Full Version : mini review+pics/rant about my world gone upsidown

kiwi133
04-29-2004, 05:24 PM
So with all the pollen and evening sprinkles I`ve been getting for the past week. My car was REALLY nasty. I have been so busy with school its really hard to wash any more than once on the weekends.

So anyway in between classes I came home and did a super fast (but always careful) wash. Took 20mins total from when I pulled into the driveway till I pulled out and went back to class. I could have done it in 15 but I don`t know where my water blade has gone so I had to dry the old way.

*rant on*

Where is the beading?!

I applied 2 coats of 5SS, and one coat of LG not even 3 weeks ago. In that time the car has been washed 3 or 4 times with a quick detail spray done a week ago as well.

There were NO beads except for on the front bumper :nixweiss everywhere else was a sheet of water. Upon drying and feeling the surface, I am shocked to find it feels raw. Clean and smooth, but it had that primed "grabby" feel of fresh paint.

*rant off*

I am so confused now, 3 weeks and 3 layers of polymer are completely gone :eek:

as for the mini review

After class was over for the day I came home with my mind set on puting something on the car because I didn`t want to be running around without protection (haha, that sounds twisted)

Over to the product shelf and saw the little bottle of Mothers "Californaia Gold" or something Cleaner wax that came with my clay bar.

Me? use a carnauba wax? thats crazy

But after its scientific replacements bailed on me, why not.

On easy, off easy. (only took 40min total) Smells nice.

Stained trim real easy.

It doesn`t seem more reflective than polymers I have tried.

kiwi133
04-29-2004, 05:25 PM
Yet there is something about it. and is so soft to the touch.

kiwi133
04-29-2004, 05:26 PM
trying to attach first pic again...

jasonatv22
04-30-2004, 07:41 AM
Looks good. Freaky to see red flowers reflected in that color blue.

thinksnow
04-30-2004, 07:45 AM
I noticed that too--wild! The car looks great. With the "no beading" question, are you using an open hose nozzle or a rain-type spray? My car rarely beads because I always use an open hose. It should bead only where water has "splashed."

Originally posted by Postwood

Looks good. Freaky to see red flowers reflected in that color blue.

kiwi133
04-30-2004, 08:05 AM
Those "flowers" are actually red leaves of a tree (more like a dark red-brown), I don`t know what kind of tree it is but I love it. Its small and so dense that it is like a tent for my car. Very clean too, doesn`t drop stuff and decompose all over my car like every other tree around here.

I use a standard nozzel, like the gun style thats good for water fights as a kid. I generally use it to "rain" on the car though.

BlueRanger
04-30-2004, 10:24 AM
O chadster, ya there?

kiwi133
05-01-2004, 11:02 AM
Ok queston,

I know its is likely very dependent on what soap product is being used, but how much soap per gallon you guys normally use?

(I got this econo-el-cheapo supersized jug of auto soap from advance auto about a year ago. I figured soap was soap, but I ended up finding this stuff didn`t clean as well as some purple stuff I had before. So I use probably 1/4cup each time to get rid of it and because it doesn`t work so well)

The thing is on my old car (white Z34) before I came here, I used to apply nufinish, WITH PAPER TOWELS, and remove it WITH PAPER TOWELS :o also washed useing several gulps poured out of the soap bottle. But I never observed the paint loosing all protection, or getting near to it.

So confused :doh

scottabir
05-01-2004, 11:11 AM
I usually use about an ounce or two for a bucket of water.