PDA

View Full Version : New Guy Here. Need Professional Detailer in NJ.

SolidSnake
04-29-2004, 04:43 PM
Guys,

I am just going to throw this out there because I realized that I am not going to have a ton of time on my hands this season to wax my car to death. I work on Saturday mornings, and basically the only day I have off is Sunday, and I would prefer to enjoy the outdoors in different ways other than waxing my car.

I know some of the die hard guys are going to fry me and call me lazy, but I can afford to have it professionally detailed, but I will not trust my car to just anyone.

Can anyone from NJ offer any suggestions as to where I can find a real good professional detailer?

So far, I have heard of this place in Morristown called the "Finishing Touch", called them up and got a price of $175 for exterior only. Pretty decent, but I have no experience with them.

Thanks all.

Don

BradE
04-29-2004, 04:46 PM
One thread does the trick, no need to triple post.

SolidSnake
04-29-2004, 05:01 PM
Sorry Brad, I wasn`t sure what forum to use, so I used all I thought was applicable.

Thanks for the help.

37buckeye
04-29-2004, 05:40 PM
There are several Autopian detailers in the northern NJ/NYC area. I`ll let them chime in. NYDetailer is a frequent poster here and comes highly recommended.

Are you having any specific issues with swirls, etc., or are you just looking for someone to wash and wax the car?

I`m local to Morristown and there is a car wash/detailing shop located at the intersection of Ridgedale Ave. and East Hanover Ave. I`ve driven my truck through there in a pinch, but tend to work on the other vehicles myself.

SR77
04-29-2004, 06:11 PM
Not sure if i would call myself a pro, i don`t detail for a living or anything, but i do some side jobs on the weekends. What type of condition is your car in? I don`t have a rotory to takle bad stuff but I do have a PC that can do some nice work. I am in Central Jersey around the Princeton Area. By the way, nice sounding Cobra you got there, they are some sweet cars. I just had to get rid of my 01 GT to save up for a mortgage :(

imported_Sqard
04-29-2004, 06:43 PM
I`d be happy to help you. I work in Rockaway(Morris County). Let me know if you have questions. My site is www.atdetail.com.

-Andy

SolidSnake
04-30-2004, 01:03 PM
My car is practically brand new. Since it is Silver, I really cannot see any swirls or anything like that. It is about a year old, and I drove it out of the showroom. It was NOT garaged this winter, and when I washed it for the first time after taking the cover of a few weeks ago, it was in terrible need of a wax and polish job. The paint was not as smooth as it was when I waxed it last summer, so I figured that the winter elements must have taken the Zaino right off.

I am willing to travel, as I am in Edison right now, as long as the job will be as close to perfect as can be. The last time I let a shop have my car, a 2001 Zinc Yellow GT, it came back with a nasty scratch on it and caused a ton of headaches. I thought I could trust those guys too.

If it seems I am a bit anal about something like this, please understand, I want to keep this car as long as possible and want the finest products applied by the finest people.

All interested people that would like my business, please PM me with prices, products used, length of time needed and experience.

Thanks for the help guys, I didn`t think I would get such a response.

Sorry for the "novel"....

Don

grandprixlar
04-30-2004, 02:29 PM
Don,

I just sent you a PM. I`m based out of Caldwell (Essex County).

Detailing NY
05-02-2004, 11:16 AM
I can help you out if needed, but we also have other detailers here that live in NJ.

Detail barn & NJ detailer are 2 that I am thinking of off the top of my head. If needed you can send me a PM

reggi914
05-02-2004, 07:34 PM
I sent you a PM Solidsnake.