PDA

View Full Version : Bird Sh*t etch my paint?

C_Rock77
04-29-2004, 01:29 PM
I had a glob of bird sh*t on my hood the other day. I guess I got bombed while I was at work...:angry. Anyway, I washed the car, today and there`s a spot left on my paint. I hit it with Meguiars ScratchX and some 3M SMR, manually. It hasn`t helped anything. Did the bird sh*t etch my paint? It sat on there all day in the sun. :mad: I can feel it when I run my finger across the paint. So, I ASSUME it`s etched into the clear.

My PC`s in Transit.....What would be the best way to attack this little spot when it gets here?

andriver
04-29-2004, 01:33 PM
Try a clay bar or tar remover.

imported_BretFraz
04-29-2004, 01:35 PM
Bird doo = acid. If its etched, you ain`t gettin it out easily. Use isopropyl alcohol to leech out the acids. Don`t use water or QD as that tends to push the acids deeper and allow them to migrate.

Even still, no guarantees. Good luck.

MDeGe
04-29-2004, 02:44 PM
I know Im not an expert, but when that happened to me I used 3m Finesse it, and that has gotten it out

C_Rock77
04-30-2004, 01:24 AM
ok....

You guys think Finesse It or Isopropyl Alcohol will get it out? I can FEEL it in the paint. There is a rough spot where I run my finger over the spot.

shaf
04-30-2004, 03:23 AM
Try what Bret suggested, but it doesn`t sound good.

If you have anything stronger than Scratch-X, you may need it. Letting bird poop bake onto paint is bad news, especially if you have dark paint.

jasonatv22
04-30-2004, 07:16 AM
Story of my life, man, story of my life. Or, rather, my car`s previous owner. There are two nasty etches that alledgeldy no one but me sees. It`s going to take a pc or rotary to get those out.

I`ll find out which when I buy a PC.