PDA

View Full Version : Zaino on Wheels

newf
04-29-2004, 01:20 PM
Before do this. I want to check to see if there`s going to be any problems.

My summer wheels are still not on the car. Long winter here this year.

So, Since I just got my zaino. ANd their just sitting inside, why not zaino them now. At least this way I won`t need to use zfx right?

I have z2/z5

Which should be better on these wheels. They are dark hyper silver. Dark at one angle, and shiney bright silver at another. Almost a mirror finish, but not like super bling bling like chrome .

excuse the dirt in the 1st pic. This was the day I bought the car, and it didn`t have a real cleaning yet by me.

http://www.mazdamp3.com/members/newf/titanium%20july%202003%209%20large.jpg

http://www.mazdamp3.com/members/newf/img_0001%20large.jpg

LouisanaJeeper
04-29-2004, 01:32 PM
to tell you the truth Z5 and Z2 will look nearly identical. I would just use Z2 cause it is cheaper.

on a side note, why did mazda put on a spolier on a FWD car?

Matt M, PA
04-29-2004, 01:33 PM
When I polish my car, I wait until the end and use the same pad and Zaino on the wheels. I have even clayed my wheels.

kustomsol
04-29-2004, 01:39 PM
Looks good!!

MattZ28
04-29-2004, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by LouisanaJeeper

on a side note, why did mazda put on a spolier on a FWD car?

Why does ANYONE put a spoiler on ANY FWD car? I`ve always wondered this myself! :p

newf
04-29-2004, 01:47 PM
these wheels were cleaned last fall when I took them off. No need to clay at this point. Good idea though

How long should I let the stuff sit on my wheels when NOT using ZFX. These things are damn $$$. only place to get them is from dealer. 700 Canadian EACH. I don`t want to f dem up.

As for this

"on a side note, why did mazda put on a spolier on a FWD car?"

The same reason why Ford put hood scoops on Mustangs! for looks :)

Just playin man.

The spoiler looks really high in that pic. It`s not that bad. I almost never bought the car at 1st because I hate high spoilers, but this grew on me. Car is stock btw. Mazdaspeeds come like this, Racing harts, Garret Turbo, racing beat suspension etc.

http://www.mazdamp3.com/members/newf/road1.jpg

no more pics. I promise.

audio1der
04-29-2004, 01:48 PM
Clean, clay if desired, and give those babies a couple coats of Z2.

Z5 will do next to nothing on wheels, but the Z2 will make cleaning for the seaon much easier.

And BTW, FANTASTIC car! I`m so upset Mazda had nothing exciting to offer when I was looking for a sporty 4-door 3 years ago.

Who cares about the wing? The fun is in the corners.:xyxthumbs

newf
04-29-2004, 08:21 PM
anyone? How long should i let the z2 sit on the rims when NOT using zfx?

former86camaro
04-29-2004, 08:23 PM
Z5 IMO Anything will help. I used Zaino on the front and did the WG twins on the rear. Both look and clean just as fine..

rstype
04-29-2004, 08:34 PM
Lemme try to clarify. You can wipe off your Zaino as soon as its dry. Depending on how thick you applied it and the weather, this can take anywhere from 20 minutes to two hours. Swipe your finger on the hazed Zaino, and if it comes out clean, it`s dry.

ZFX helps cut down drying times a little, but it`s main use is for back-to-back layering. You can apply 3 layers in a period of 24 hours, compared to one layer without ZFX. If you don`t plan to layer crazily, ZFX isn`t necessary.

So, Since I just got my zaino. ANd their just sitting inside, why not zaino them now. At least this way I won`t need to use zfx right?

Whether your car is indoors or outdoors, these factors shouldn`t influence whether you need ZFX or not.

newf
04-30-2004, 06:31 AM
well, when it`s on the edge of snowing outside everyday. I have no garage. And inside it`s a LOT warmer. I think it`s common sense why I want to do the tires while still inside my warm house. And there`s no sense in me using zfx, when I can just apply the stuff inside, and let it sit on my wheels for days if I wanted to since their not being used. Remember, I was only talking about my wheels. NOT the car.

Thanks for all the tips. Learning a lot around here!