PDA

View Full Version : Meguiar`s #7 over EO NanoWax? Or vice-versa?

P.NOiZE
04-29-2004, 02:33 AM
I`ve already searched the form, and it seems that not many have used the new EO NanoWax resulting in less comments about the product.

The other day I picked up a bottle of EO NanoWax (EONW). Since I like to work on the car`s paint at least once a month I was curious about the swirl-hiding properties that EONW claimed to have, so I plan on using it whenever I have a free weekend from school (and whenever the pollen starts to calm down).

Question though. I like the wet, deep, dark, gloss that Meguiar`s #7 (Show Car Glaze) has. Should I be applying #7 over EONW? Vice-versa? Or should I even bother with #7? I will be using S100 as a topper.

I`m guessing #7 over EONW because I`m guessing -- only guessing -- that #7 has less cleaners in it than EONW.

Any input would be appreciated.

Scott P
04-29-2004, 05:38 AM
A glaze offers no protection, so it can wash off in the next rain or washing. You would therefore need to put #7 under the Nano Wax. You`ll have to experiment to see if the cleaners in Nano Wax strip the #7.

jasonatv22
04-29-2004, 07:20 AM
If you like working on your car, you`ll like Nano as it`s a bear to get off.

I`ve only played with it on my hood, and it was streaky on the black. So it`s a good thing I got it free with rebate.

thinksnow
04-29-2004, 07:33 AM
Use the EO as a one-step. Go get a can of #26, #16, Mother`s Pure Carnauba, or any other "pure" wax or sealant without cleaners. S100 is a great beauty topper, but you probably want something more durable to lock in #7`s oils. *Then* you can top that with S100 for added effect if need be.

EBPcivicsi
04-29-2004, 08:21 AM
Just judging from the few times that I have used NANO wax, I can tell you that it will indeed remove most if not all of the #7 underneath. I think that the chemical cleaners are strong enough that it will actually "leech" out the oils from the #7. In other words I believe that the cleaning properties of the NANO will not only remove the oils that skin on the surface, but also "leech" out any oils that "penetrate" into the pores of the clear.

I have no proof of this as I have not tried it persoanlly, so try it out and let us know.

Postwood, I found NANO to be very easy to remove. I applied thin coats and removed with MF, set up time was about 10 minutes. How did you apply it?

imported_Blake
04-29-2004, 08:27 AM
Really #7 would work best under a "pure Carnauba" as above. Eagle One makes some good products but I think the products mentioned by ThinkSnow would work much better.

EJM
05-27-2004, 09:58 PM
As a newbie I am not trying to divert this posting but I am trying not to ask redundent questions in new postings. So forgive me if this should be elsewhere.

I am looking at purchasing Nanowax and trying it on my 4 mo. old car. I have been using Mequiars Gold Classic and QD and Showtime.

1. Would it be ok to put this Nanowax on after my weekly wash, overtop of the Gold Classic?

2. Any other suggestions. I love the shine I have now but want to try some experimenting on a budget. Mequiars NXT hasn`t reached the island yet.

Thanks for all the info I have picked up in the last 4 mos,

Regards

EJM

Buick_guy
05-28-2004, 09:52 AM
Like said before, Nano wax has cleaners, and will remove mostly everything you`re trying to top.

P.NOiZE
05-28-2004, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by ejm

As a newbie I am not trying to divert this posting but I am trying not to ask redundent questions in new postings. So forgive me if this should be elsewhere.

I am looking at purchasing Nanowax and trying it on my 4 mo. old car. I have been using Mequiars Gold Classic and QD and Showtime.

1. Would it be ok to put this Nanowax on after my weekly wash, overtop of the Gold Classic?

2. Any other suggestions. I love the shine I have now but want to try some experimenting on a budget. Mequiars NXT hasn`t reached the island yet.

Thanks for all the info I have picked up in the last 4 mos,

Regards

EJM

Where on the island are you? I find that NanoWax is VERY similar to Meguiar`s Gold Class in every way. They both hide swirls, they both contain cleaners as Buick_guy says. I find the gloss and reflectivity (is that even a word?) on both products are very similar.

EJM
05-28-2004, 11:46 AM
P. Noize, thanks for the reply. I am in Nanaimo and appreciate your reply. I am going to give this a try due to the price and rebates. Canadian Tire have four products on now with 100% rebate so may give them all a try.

I can always use them on the wifes car;)

ps. Thanks for the link to REVscene

Regards

EJM

Buick_guy
05-28-2004, 12:02 PM
Canadian Tire has a 100% rebate right now? I think I have to go and check that out.

EJM
06-03-2004, 02:53 AM
Nano wax looks good over my Gold Class. Lots of shine and reflection with kind of a hazy look to it. I must say that it attracts bugs. They were a problem and I had to be careful not to buff them into the shine.

Regards