PDA

View Full Version : Clay?

Scotty
04-28-2004, 11:44 AM
Should I use clay even though I`m using macquire paint cleaner?

(dumb question?)

adjulian
04-28-2004, 11:50 AM
If your car has never been clayed and depending how old the car is - the short answer is Yes - clay the car.

The clay removes surface contaminants that you can`t usually see and provides a contaminant free foundation for all of the great products that you will be using. And the slippery smooth feeling is awesome.

Be sure to read the article about claying on Autopia-carcare.com - just hit LEARN or SHOP and you`ll find the appropriate articles.

Scotty
04-28-2004, 12:03 PM
Cool - I`ll go buy some - Thanks for the quick responce :D

Scotty

jasonatv22
04-28-2004, 01:54 PM
What you`ll note visually is that the crispness of the reflection from your paint will have less of a frosted glass look. But it`s marginal. It is more of a paint health thing.

You will see the dirty it pulls out of the paint on the clay, but you may not notice the paint surface looking any different.

I like clay magic. But I"m tempted to use Mother`s next time since it`s a lighter color and I`d be able to see contaminants better.

It`s odd, even though the dirt around here is red, the contaminants in my paint that I get out are gray. My ceramic brake pads hardly dust at all, but who knows. I know this year it`ll get some red paint overspray off the car. I can feel it on the paint.

chris0626
04-29-2004, 02:21 AM
I also put a few basic resources about claying in this thread (http://www.autopia.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=36748) -- You might want to look there too.