PDA

View Full Version : PC technique

LouisanaJeeper
04-27-2004, 07:53 PM
How fast do you guys move your pc (side to side/ back fourth) when compounding or other polishing. I think I do about 2in/sec I was wondering if I should slow it down to 1in/sec (very slow) for better results w/less passes rather than more passes at a faster pace

Accumulator
04-28-2004, 10:57 AM
Heh heh, this is one of those "it all depends..." situations ;) so it`s hard to say. And guess I haven`t ever given any thought as to how fast *I* move it...

Generally, I`d say you can`t move the PC *too slowly*. I think you`re on the right track when you say you`re considering slowing it down. Since it doesn`t build up enough heat to hurt anything, IMO that`s the way to go. As you progress to finer-level polishing, you can speed it up.

And of course, how your product breaks down/dries out will factor in too.

BlueRanger
04-28-2004, 11:34 AM
Take it for what its worth, im a pc newb, but i start off as fast as i can, and try to spread the product over the area i want to do, after i spread it ill, i slow it down and let the pc work the polish into the paint.

Simplistic
04-28-2004, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by BlueRanger

Take it for what its worth, im a pc newb, but i start off as fast as i can, and try to spread the product over the area i want to do, after i spread it ill, i slow it down and let the pc work the polish into the paint.

yeah my biggest problem is spreading the product, i`m going to start using tiny blobs per 3`x2` panel. it`s easier if you don`t try to cover too much ground.

Scottwax
04-28-2004, 06:44 PM
If I am just glazing paint in excellent condition, I tend to more at a decent clip but to remove problems, I slow down and crank the PC up.

shaf
04-30-2004, 02:27 AM
Moved to Detailing... not sure how this is a "Pro" issue.