PDA

View Full Version : No More Beading Action.....?

Pages : [1] 2

General Lee
04-27-2004, 06:59 PM
Easter weekend I applied Klasse AIO to the hood of my wifes car ( experimenting)and I have noticed water no longer beads on the hood. Whats up with that? I thought it was a decent polish and sealer all in one. shouldn`t the protection still be evident? Or is it?

bjwebster
04-27-2004, 07:39 PM
This has been highly debated, some think AIO has lasting protection, others dont. I think its a great cleaner/polish, but not a good protectant. ymmv

DETAILKING
04-27-2004, 08:10 PM
I applied AIO on my car last week and after the first wash = no more beading. I used it as a beginning prep for my spring detail to come soon.

MattZ28
04-27-2004, 08:11 PM
::crosses AIO off list::

s2skimon
04-27-2004, 08:27 PM
after doing some lengthy research on Klasse, I think the "no beading" is a result of your finish missing the SG on top of the AIO. I think Klasse AIO really needs the Sealant Glaze on top to complete the job. Klasse AIO alone is not sufficient for longevity. But I`m sure the gurus here on this forum will have a much better answer.

General Lee
04-27-2004, 09:30 PM
Could you use a good plain Carnuba wax/sealant. Something with no cleaners or polishers that won`t degrade the AIO? I never heard or used S100 where can you get it?

thinksnow
04-27-2004, 09:42 PM
AIO has two primary functions. First and foremost, it is a great paint cleaner. Second (and secondary), there is a slight amount of lasting protection comparable with many cleaner waxes. It *can* work as a one-step, but you won`t write home about the lasting effects.

Depending on where you are in the Free State, look in boating supply stores and look for Meg`s #16 in the blue can. S100 is also very nice and can be found at your local Harley shop. For an extra-durable, yet easy to apply solution, click on "Shop" above and visit the Autopia shop for some Einszett Glanz Wax.

Don`t give up on the AIO. It`s a great cleaner underneath just about anything.

imported_Yosemite Dan
04-27-2004, 10:12 PM
From what I`ve read on these boards I thought the Klasse twins tend to sheet water instead of beading anyways so it doesn`t necessarily mean either of them has worn off. Heck it even says on the AOI bottle that it will last up to 6 months and they would never lie. :rolleyes:

Scottwax
04-27-2004, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by MattZ28

Not so fast. It is an excellent paint cleaner and you can use pretty much any wax or sealant over it. AIO + NXT is working very well for me.

General Lee
04-27-2004, 10:39 PM
Perfect, I have AIO and NXT I`ll have to try them. Thanks

MattZ28
04-28-2004, 06:18 AM
Originally posted by Scottwax

Not so fast. It is an excellent paint cleaner and you can use pretty much any wax or sealant over it. AIO + NXT is working very well for me.

Well, wouldn`t using a very mild polish like 1Z MP do the same thing?

imported_memnuts
04-28-2004, 07:03 AM
Originally posted by MattZ28

AIO is a really excellent product for the last polishing pre-protectant step. It is also a good one-step rim, door jams, engine compartment and chrome tail pipe cleaner and protectant.

Very good product for that quick strip down of present protectant and application ease and buffs off even easier with a very nice gloss and depth. AIO really sets-up the table well for whatever type of protectant you plan to use. :xyxthumbs

Duplication of function with 1Z MP? :nixweiss

My only regret about AIO. I delayed trying it for years. :doh

togwt
04-28-2004, 08:08 AM
blkZ28Conv totally agree

As a `one-step` product I`ve never (1960 - til now) been impressed, but as a prep product it take a lot to beat it.

Accumulator
04-28-2004, 10:04 AM
MP and AIO are different. MP is a *very mild* abrasive with wax in it. It polishes and protects better than AIO. But AIO cleans better, although it does it chemically, not mechanically. If you have some stubborn polish residue (like PI-III MG) or some "road film", for instance, the AIO will clean it off much easier than the MP. The MP works best on a surface that`s already clean.

Beading vs. sheeting- must depend on the vehicle/conditions/prep. I use the K twins on my Japanese vehicles, and they bead for many, many months (currently, the KSG is over seven months old and it`s still beading, NOT sheeting, despite spot-claying with every wash).

AIO topped with #16 is a very nice, and very easy, combo. AIO by itself offers *very* little in the way of lasting protection, or at least its protection is very fragile- it gets washed/worn off rather quickly.

Buick_guy
04-28-2004, 11:11 AM
I`m going to do a coat of AIO, and then top it with 2 coats of their high gloss glaze per car I do. I think it should be enough to knock the socks off of the average person. Also, I will clay before. So the paint should be pretty nice after.