PDA

View Full Version : Klasse vs Zaino

s2skimon
04-27-2004, 04:30 PM
The debate continues and I would like to add another product to my detailing arsenal. I`m a long time Zaino user and prefer the "wet looking" finish as opposed to the "shiny" appearance.

Will Klasse High Gloss Sealant give me that wet look fininsh ?

Do I have to use the Acrylic QD or can I substitute`s z6 or s100 QD instead ?

Overall, how does it compare to Zaino ?

Your impressions and input would be greatly appreciated.

I will continue searching for info on this as well

thanks

m

Jesstzn
04-27-2004, 11:35 PM
I had Zaino last year and tried Klasse this spring .. Zaino is more candied look .. not deep and wet. Klasse is less glassie but still not deep and wet. I have gone back to Zaino with a #16 topper.

Onthe QD .. I only use Z6 for gloss enhansers between layers and the off time right after a wash if I an doing a show close by. Otherwise I found that if there is a slight bit of dust on the car it micromars. This you won`t see on a mared light color but you will on polished Black.

LouisanaJeeper
04-27-2004, 11:39 PM
I perfer Zaino overall, I have tried both.

Klasse looks a tad wetter+ deeper, but I like the way Z applies and stays slick longer.

s2skimon
04-27-2004, 11:42 PM
Originally posted by LouisanaJeeper

Klasse looks a tad wetter+ deeper

well that`s why I`ve ordered it.. I prefer that wet look for my yellow

thanks

m

99SVTCobra
04-28-2004, 12:45 PM
Top the Klasse with a carnauba wax....that really made it appear "wet".

I thought that after the SG layer the car looked as it did with the Zaino on it before but a little deeper. It had a little more depth. The was really finished it off nice.

Nick T.
04-28-2004, 01:15 PM
IMO both Zaino and Klasse are excellent! On my Jet Black Z3 I’m back to using Zaino topped with carnauba, and on my Chili Red MINI I’ve using Klasse topped with carnauba.

I really enjoy playing with other products, but it’s difficult for me to imagine a product that would make me want to stop using either Zaino or Klasse.

imported_memnuts
04-28-2004, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by Nick T.

I really enjoy playing with other products, but it’s difficult for me to imagine a product that would make me want to stop using either Zaino or Klasse.

Wolfgang twins!!!! No Nick you will never dispose of the Z and K but you would place WG on the same shelf. :D

Durability has not been determined but almost 2 months on driven vehicles (black and metallic silver) with weekly washes still holding up great. :wavey

Nick T.
04-28-2004, 05:47 PM
AutoGeek just now accepted my $65 order - - so they should be sending you a commission check soon!

Durability???? If it lasts from one drive to the next, then it has sufficient durability!

imported_memnuts
04-29-2004, 05:37 AM

Durability???? If it lasts from one drive to the next, then it has sufficient durability!

LOL!!!

I hear you Nick. :wavey

Scott P
04-29-2004, 05:42 AM
I think Wolfgang may be worth checking out. At our last Grand Prix Mod Day, I busted out the PC and worked on my car. I kept getting compliments on how nice my car looked. But, they were looking at the six week old Wolfgang side of the car I hadn`t even touched yet. :D

Nick T.
04-29-2004, 11:34 AM
Any hints, tips, or cautions on using the Wolfgang twins?

imported_memnuts
04-29-2004, 12:02 PM

None what-so-ever Nick from my experiences with WG. Very user friendly product. A dream when applied with PC.

Like all sealants I use, I allow 30 minutes drying ( indoors). The one I did apply outdoors 10 minutes created equal results and ease of removal.

Can`t wait to read your review. :xyxthumbs

Nick T.
04-29-2004, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by blkZ28Conv

Can`t wait to read your review. :xyxthumbs

Can`t wait to try it out!

maecrispy
04-29-2004, 12:43 PM

I too am a very happy Wolgang user. Just a couple tips that I found when using it.

One: At first, I would put product on the foam applicator. However, WG is so thin that it soaks into the foam right away. I went out and bought a little 4 oz. bottle with squeeze tip (you know, the kind that wood glue comes in typically, only smaller) from the local craft store. I would use that to squeeze out product onto the panel and then work it in. I find I waste less product this way. Just make sure not to mash the bottle tip onto the car.

Two: Probably no more than 3 coats. Big improvement between coats 1 and 2. Less between 2 and 3.