PDA

View Full Version : Megs #16 is great.

Pages : [1] 2

zachw1036
04-27-2004, 12:10 PM
Take this for what it is worth. I am far from an expert in detailing. I just got my #16 in the mail and for the money it is fantastic. You get a really rich deep wet look. You cant beat this wax for the money. I will wait and see how it holds up. It applys really well and the removal was easier than the NXT Tech wax I used underneath it. My car is an outside car so I can find time every 6 weeks or so to apply more wax since i dont like sealants. I am detailing my dads 01 black SS in a few days. I am going to use #16 on it. I will find a better pic host and put up some pics of my silver TA and the black SS with #16.

Scottwax
04-27-2004, 05:44 PM
Just FYI, NXT/#16 is a very nice combination and easy to use 2 step process.

Spilchy
04-27-2004, 05:51 PM
Plus you`ll get like 40 cars out of the tin.

Spilchy
04-27-2004, 05:59 PM
Here it comes...the new Autopian fad of the season...#16 wax!!!

Amazing how it takes on a life of its own.

I remember when it was Blitz and now you here didily about it :p

I enjoy it very much (both #16 AND Blitz - minus trim stain), it`s just that I`m ready to hear that is cures cancer any minute!!

What happended to the NXT craze?? Short lived??

BlueRanger
04-27-2004, 06:10 PM
Im in, just picked up mine from napa (off order) today:D . Cant wait to put on the truck..

BlueRanger
04-27-2004, 11:22 PM
Hey, quick question, is this what #16 is supposed to look like? Kinda bubbly? Also, it seems really greasy....is this an appropiate description? I guess the true test will be this weekend when i try it out...thanks a lot

imported_SouthernZ71
04-27-2004, 11:24 PM
That`s how both of my tins looked........

Scottwax
04-27-2004, 11:27 PM
Spilchy-I am still using NXT, mostly as a one step or in combination with #16. That white Accord will definitely be getting NXT next time. Used AIO/NXT on it in late January, washed it today, still beading, still noticably slick.

Mike_Phillips
04-27-2004, 11:44 PM
Originally posted by Spilchy

What happened to the NXT craze?? Short lived??

Not in my neck of the woods... wait till you see some of the pictures of the Mercedes-Benz we applied it to last Saturday...

:xyxthumbs

As far as #16 goes, I used it for years when detailing for dollars, it is a great wax, especially when you consider this formula has been around for 53 years.

Except for being more difficult to remove if you let it sit too long and apply too thick of a coating, I can`t tell the difference when applying P21S or #16 Professional Paste Wax. But if you read the results from the Guru Reports, "Wax Test", P21S placed 2nd while #16 placed 26th?

My years of experience quickly picked up on the similarities???

Yet it is miles away from the top in this test? Heck, they even smell the same. At the Detailing clinic this weekend for members of Meguiar`s Online, I`ll let anyone who wants to apply the two products side-by-side and see what they think, same goes for the Autopian Detail Day at Meguiar`s in two weeks.

Mike

Scottwax
04-27-2004, 11:57 PM
Agree 100% Mike. I have used them side by side and they look the same to me. #16 is definitely more durable though. S100 is actually easier to get though....maybe Meguiars might want to get it back in some retail stores on a trial basis and see what happens.

imported_Jinx1309
04-27-2004, 11:59 PM
What kind of durability does #16 have? Also how is it`s beading?

Mike_Phillips
04-27-2004, 11:59 PM
Originally posted by Scottwax

Agree 100% Mike. I have used them side by side and they look the same to me. #16 is definitely more durable though. S100 is actually easier to get though....maybe Meguiars might want to get it back in some retail stores on a trial basis and see what happens.

Was it you Scott, that wanted me to give you advanced notice that a product was going to be discontinued?

Mike

imported_SouthernZ71
04-28-2004, 12:03 AM
Originally posted by Mike Phillips

Was it you Scott that wanted me to give you advanced notice that a product was going to be discontinued?

Mike

Hmmm, should I go stock up on #16, too?

BlueRanger
04-28-2004, 01:12 AM
YEA MAN!!! Its the craze, you def should! hahhah, ill let you know after this weekend...

thinksnow
04-28-2004, 07:48 AM
Was this a subtle hint? With something this important, shout it from the mountaintops.

Originally posted by Mike Phillips

Was it you Scott, that wanted me to give you advanced notice that a product was going to be discontinued?

Mike