PDA

View Full Version : Make sense Purchase a PC when having a Cyclo and a Rotary?

imported_aqua
04-27-2004, 04:07 AM
Hi

Well, I have a Cyclo and a Rotary (Flex) and happy with them.

I use the cyclo only for waxing although I have several pads.

I used the rotary for compounding and polishing.

Searching for a perfect finish, should I add a PC to my arsenal?

What do you think?

What are the unique benefits PC adds?

Why most people buy it?

Cheers mates!!

Accumulator
04-27-2004, 10:59 AM
Aqua- Although I really love my Cyclos, after using them for years, I got a PC too. Sometimes the variable speed of the PC is handy. And sometimes I find that I can get into tight spots (and better work with complex panel contours) with the PC *much* better than I can with the Cyclo. I was really surprised by what a *huge* difference there can be. The way the PC`s bigger pads stick way out from the body of the machine can make a big difference.

Whenever I can, I use the Cyclo instead of the PC; I like it a *LOT* better. But sometimes the PC is just the better tool for the job.

So yeah, I`d go for it. I sure wouldn`t want to be without *any* one of the three types of polishers.

imported_aqua
04-28-2004, 12:44 AM
Accumulator,

Many thanks,

I think I will go for a PC. Just one question, What will be the difference when compunding and polishing between High Speed buffer and a PC.

For what I´ve read, the high speed buffer produce more heat.

Accumulator
04-28-2004, 10:24 AM
Aqua- Yeah, the highspeed creates more heat and is *MUCH* more aggressive. You know the difference between it and your Cyclo, well there`s a similar, but MUCH GREATER difference between it and a PC. The PC is sorta like a weaker, variable-speed version of the Cyclo.

I predict that you`ll only use the PC for jobs where there`s some reason why the Cyclo isn`t quite right, or for jobs where the PC`s greater assortment of pads/bonnets makes a difference.