PDA

View Full Version : AIO+SG for good paint only?

imported_Malachi
04-26-2004, 09:37 PM
Am I thinking about this right? If you have swirls you really can`t use the twins because the AIO will remove the swirl remover? And you have to follow the SMR with AIO in order to get SG to stick.

So if you have good paint AIO+SG is a good combo, otherwise you have to go AIO+SMR+a topper such as S100 or NXT...is that right?

Jesstzn
04-26-2004, 10:04 PM
Originally posted by Malachi

Am I thinking about this right? If you have swirls you really can`t use the twins because the AIO will remove the swirl remover? And you have to follow the SMR with AIO in order to get SG to stick.

So if you have good paint AIO+SG is a good combo, otherwise you have to go AIO+SMR+a topper such as S100 or NXT...is that right?

If you use a SMR with no fillers your fine .. then you`r removing the swirls not filling them.

I just did Polish ( for swirls ) AIO/SG today

imported_Malachi
04-26-2004, 10:39 PM
Originally posted by Jesstzn

If you use a SMR with no fillers your fine .. then you`r removing the swirls not filling them.

I just did Polish ( for swirls ) AIO/SG today

Which one of these have fillers (I own these):

PP

MP

Scatch X :nixweiss

shaf
04-26-2004, 11:44 PM
Most "swirl removers" are not fillers only. They will remove very light swirling, but not more serious ones because of their mildness. I don`t think the filling effect is so serious that you have to worry about it that much, but if you want to check, wipe down the area with an IPA solution.

I think all those polishes have fillers, but search around for threads on them and see maybe... I`m not sure about the 1z products.

foxtrapper
04-29-2004, 09:27 AM
You`ll find a number of us have used the Klasse twins on old skanky paint with very good results.

2wheelsx2
04-29-2004, 12:25 PM
You will get great results, no question. You will very shiny paint, which will now reveal every blemish and swirl, and that`s the problem with most sealants. As has been stated often on this board, prep is the key.

If you don`t have time, or the paint is thin, then use a glaze and wax, but if you want it to look the best for the long term, proper prep is the way to go.

Gonzo
04-30-2004, 06:06 AM
A blemish in your paint will show through ANYTHING you put on the paint. Even with a "filling" polish, after a couple of washes it is toast anyway and scratches will reappear.

Since perfect paint is just a rumor (we all live with scratches and rock dings) use the AIO & SG anyway..... Great protection against tree juice, bug juice and bird juice, pollutants and UV. Note it is protection and not indestructable.

imported_pugoman
04-30-2004, 06:27 AM
Someone posted some pics a while back showing before and after of a badly oxidised red truck. The paintwork came up great! So it`s definately not just for good condition paint.

6cyl's_of_fury
04-30-2004, 07:46 AM
I found ( before I had access to my PC and polishes ) that AIO does have some minor swirl hiding abilities ( provided they are minor! )

I wouldnt rely on it to provide kick arse results all the time but it does provide a decent stop gap IMO.

Accumulator
04-30-2004, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by Malachi

Which one of these have fillers (I own these):

PP

MP

The 1z polishes contain *waxes* which should be considered "fillers" in this context. BUT they *do* remove marring through mechanical/abrasive action, so they`re fine to use before AIO. I`d just trust the AIO to clean off anything the 1Z stuff leaves behind, or maybe use a rubbing alcohol spritzer to do it.

Or, heh heh, you might like the look of the 1Z MP even better than the Klasse look ;)