PDA

View Full Version : #16 question

Jesstzn
04-26-2004, 09:30 PM
As you know from a previous thread I topped Zaino with #16. The #16 gave the depth and softness I was looking for .. Now here is the BUT....

The next day I noticed a haze on the surface ( viewed at at 90 degrees "angle" in the sun)so I thought a wash would clear it up .. it didn`t. So the next day I washed it again and QD`d it .. Walla .. haze gone ..

Well next day its back... did I apply wrong?

I put it on a panel and it seemed to haze fairly quickly and I buffed off with a MF. Its been a few days now and 3+ washes and 2 QD`s and it keeps returning.

Its over well cured Zaino .. and I know its the #16 doing it cuz I dawn washed the trunk to remove it .. no more haze.

Any comments / suggestions .. Car is black so its noticable .. at any angle you don`t see it unless your approaching 90 Deg. then it is very visable.

I like the look .. I hate to do something different. It sort of resembles the haze I used to see with #26.

I was going to top the Bimmer with it tomorrow but ....

Scottwax
04-26-2004, 11:31 PM
:nixweiss The only thing I can think is you may have applied it a bit too thick and removed it too soon. Apply it super thin like Zaino and you should be fine. Maybe two panels at a time before removing too since it is cooler and humid up in your neck of the woods than it normally is here.

Jesstzn
04-27-2004, 08:48 AM
Originally posted by Scottwax

:nixweiss The only thing I can think is you may have applied it a bit too thick and removed it too soon. Apply it super thin like Zaino and you should be fine. Maybe two panels at a time before removing too since it is cooler and humid up in your neck of the woods than it normally is here.

Ok.. sounds good I will remove it today and retry maybe just a couple panels to see how it goes .. Sounds logical.

Accumulator
04-27-2004, 10:38 AM
Jesstzn- Could be a bonding/compatibility issue between the Zaino and the #16. That`s all *I* can think of...I`ve never had a problem like that with #16 and I`ve applied it in all sorts of ways.

Jesstzn
04-27-2004, 02:23 PM
I gave the car a pretty solid Dawn wash and applied a really think layer of #16 and left it 25 min .. it actually came off very easy with a MF. Its about 45F here right now and no sun so I can`t see if its hazing or not ..

Will keep you informed .. I only did the drivers side front fender.

Jesstzn
05-02-2004, 10:04 PM
Just an update .. since my first go round with #16 which was greasy and the haze. The greasyness might have been that the wax was melted sitting in the sun or something.. Anyway..

I have since applied 2 coats, both applied thin and left to dry. I applied to the complete car then went back and removed it with a MF. All is well ..

You guys are right ( I hate it when your right ) added a bunch of wettnes and depth to the Zaino. I really like it.

imported_Aurora40
05-03-2004, 08:56 AM
Just a note, I only ever noticed hazing with #26 (I realize it`s a diff product) when I applied two coats on the same day. When I did one coat, or multiple coats with washing in between and days later, I never had haze problems.

Accumulator
05-03-2004, 10:47 AM
Jesstzn - Glad it worked out this time. :nixweiss what happened before, but keep an eye on it and let us know if it messes up again.

Prometheus
05-03-2004, 06:26 PM
All i have to say is that #16 rocks, and if they discontiue it Meguiars will have some seriously pissed off customers