PDA

View Full Version : My buffer need help quick

Buick_guy
04-26-2004, 08:13 PM
Ok, I`ve been dreaming about detailing cars for the last few nights ( don`t ask ), and I was thinking, is my random orbital polisher going to be able to do as good a job as a PC? I`m too afraid to use a PC on a customer car since I can`t afford to burn their paint. Will it just take longer to accomplish, or will it not be able to accomplish what a PC can.

Buick_guy
04-26-2004, 09:36 PM
n/m, thanks for any help that may have been coming. I finally got my search results! ( 3 hours later!)

LouisanaJeeper
04-26-2004, 09:39 PM
is my random orbital polisher going to be able to do as good a job as a PC?

no

I`m too afraid to use a PC on a customer car since I can`t afford to burn their paint.

A PC cannot burn the paint

Buick_guy
04-27-2004, 08:14 AM
Oh really? I thought it could.

jasonatv22
04-27-2004, 08:20 AM
Nope, thats a rotary. Rotaries require a skilled technique.

If you are nervous, go by a salvage yard and buy a few hoods to practice on.

Buick_guy
04-27-2004, 09:57 AM
Will do, I can get a orbital polisher for 50 bucks from a friend.

Accumulator
04-27-2004, 10:44 AM
Buick_Guy- Nah, you can`t "burn" paint with the PC, not even if you TRY. Seriously. You *can* take off too much paint, but you can do that by hand too. The PC is as safe as any effective tool can be, all it takes is a (VERY) little common sense. If you want to be *extra* careful, just run the PC at a low speed. Once you try one, you`ll see what I mean immediately.

Your RO will *NOT* accomplish the same things that the PC can. It just doesn`t have the power. For polishing, you really oughta get something like the PC if you can swing the cost. It would be *much* better, investment-wise, than spending $50 on a RO of lesser capability. That $50 would be a big chunk of what a PC will cost.

Get the PC, a mild polish like 3M PI-III MG ( pn 05937) or 1Z`s Paint Polish, a bunch of pads, and go for it.