PDA

View Full Version : newbie question

doeyoung
04-26-2004, 04:53 PM
Hey all.. =). The forums here are great haha, just spent tons of time reading..

I`m quite the newb to detailing and was just wondering if you guys took my planned combination of products to be good? haha I just want to make sure my products won`t have any sort of allergic reaction with each other or something =P.. the car has been waxed once ( about 4 months ago ) since I`ve had it ( about 9 months ).. and washed approximately every 3 weeks ( since I`ve not gotten any car care products myself.. just bummed it heh ).. I plan on :

1. Dawn wash as a "clean slate" ( or will that be unnecessary? )

2. Claybar with ClayMagic

3. EagleOne Wet Car Wash

4. Meguiar`s Deep Crystal Polish

5. Klasse All-in-One

6. Klasse Sealant Glaze

7. P21S Carnauba Wax

I appreciate any feedback on my planned combo.. thank you all =)

PS. car is 2001 Honda Accord coupe of a dark blue color

andriver
04-26-2004, 05:13 PM
Hi doeyoung, welcome to Autopia. I would skip the dawn soap. Wash with EO then claybar. Skip the Megs crystal polish. The rest is fine.

a.k.a. Patrick
04-26-2004, 05:18 PM
You may want to try the deep crystal side by side with the AIO...See what you prefer.....AIO lacks abrasives but does a decent job regardless.....You just may be better off using the two, but dont do both if its not neccessary...Good luck, dark cars can be difficult if your new to the field of detailing.....Also make sure you wait a day at least before using a topper on the SG......

doeyoung
04-26-2004, 05:33 PM
wow really quick responses here haha =)..

ok so it seems that I should just replace the dawn step with the E1 Wet Car Wash.. and interchange between the Meg`s and AIO as needed? leaving me looking a little something like this..

1. E1 Wet Car Wash

2. ClayMagic

3. E1 Wet Car Wash

4. Klasse AIO -or- Meguiar`s Deep Crystal Polish ( the Deep Crystal when I need stronger polish )

5. Klasse Sealant Glaze

6. P21S Carnauba Wax ( about a day after the Klasse SG )

thanks again for all suggestions everyone =).. and I will keep that in mind a.k.a. Patrick.. should I do any sort of prep before going to lay the P21S a day later?

Meguiar`s Quik Detail Mist and Wipe is an acceptable quick detailer spray also I`m hoping? Thanks again all ( I know I ask about a million questions )

JoshABI
04-26-2004, 05:49 PM
Originally posted by doeyoung

.. should I do any sort of prep before going to lay the P21S a day later?

Meguiar`s Quik Detail Mist and Wipe is an acceptable quick detailer spray also I`m hoping? Thanks again all ( I know I ask about a million questions )

If your car is kept in the garage overnight, you won`t need any prep before laying down the P21s...unless it`s dusty in there. In that case, a quick once-over with the QD will be fine. If she is a daily driver, then you may have to give the car a quick wash before topping with P21s. Won`t cause any harm to the SG, but feel free to use your discretion based on how clean/dirty the car is.

P.S. Meguiars Quick Detail is a fine QD :xyxthumbs

shaf
04-26-2004, 11:20 PM
Before you get too caught up with all those final few steps (4, 5, and 6) make sure that you don`t have any paint flaws, such as swirling, to correct first. I noticed that your car, although new to you, is already 3 years old, so it most likely could use at least a light polishing.

Perfecting the paint by polishing it (if needed of course) alone will make the biggest difference since the paint has to look nearly perfect before you even get to Klasse and wax. If you don`t do that first, you`re not going to get the most out of applying all that other stuff.