PDA

View Full Version : Commercial Carwash Soap

Buick_guy
04-26-2004, 03:51 PM
Does the soap at local car washes strip wax? Also what kind of wax do they use? Thanks.

breakneckvtec
04-26-2004, 03:56 PM
Well, if your talking about the touchless washes I would say yes. The premise of them being touchless is that the solvents and cleaners in the soap are bumped up to break up grime without touching the surface. Dont expect this to come out totally clean either. Without agitation there will still be SOMETHING left on the paint. However these soaps may not remove it in one shot, but durability will really be hurt. My opinion, wash conventionally, and if you dont have time at the moment, leave the car dirty. If its not too bad you can use a MF and a QD and clean the car that way.

LouisanaJeeper
04-26-2004, 04:15 PM
I`ll take it to the coin op everyonce and a while, if it is not too dirty. I just use the rinse water, then give it a good dosage of the "spot free rinse" water (deionized water). Then I do NOT dry it and take the car up to 80mph or so to get off any water droplets :)

Buick_guy
04-28-2004, 03:54 PM
Thanks. I don`t actually go to car washes any more, I was just wondering.

MikeD
05-07-2004, 08:17 AM
Don`t forget a lot of them car washes spray stuff on your car before it goes through the thing! I used to go and they talk me into that hot wax treatment. i wonder if that stuff works for anything...

Buick_guy
05-07-2004, 10:01 AM
I`m talking about self serve type of carwashes. The local one has a a wax setting that has a white liquid that comes out instead of water.