PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone tried both Menzerna FP and FP2?

mike79
04-26-2004, 11:03 AM
I looked at this, and saw that the FP2 has some oils in it, to make it easier to use. I ordered the FP, because I didnt want anything left behind after I was done with it(oils, fillers,ect) but they sent the FP2 and I beleive FP is no more. Has anyone tried both of these? If so, please share your experience! Thanks

stevet
04-26-2004, 11:19 PM
I placed an order today for FP II from CMA. I talked to Jon and he told me the difference between the two was that FP II can be worked longer before it dries up. This was a problem with FP I. He assured me that FP II has NO fillers in it. He is also sending me a little sample bottle of FP I that he has left over with my order for free. I will try both and see how they compare. I was told the end results will be the same but FP II will be easier to use. He also told me CMA will not be selling FP I anymore.

jimmybuffit
04-27-2004, 04:13 AM
Check the label on your FP2. Mine is a sticker over what says "Final Polish" underneath.

Takes forever to work it...

Jim

Gonzo
04-27-2004, 06:36 AM
I spoke with CMA about 3 weeks ago and they still had FP. Ordered 4 32 oz bottles. They sent FP II. Spoke to them again and this time the guy at the order desk went and pulled the product himself. The FP (this time) arrived and I sent the FP II back. No problems and great customer service form CMA. Only paid 1 shipping charge.

stevet
04-27-2004, 09:06 AM
Gonzo,

Good thing you ordered 4 bottles of FP I because I was told that CMA will not be carrying it anymore. I am going to phone again and make sure.

stevet
04-27-2004, 09:24 AM
Ok, just got off the phone with CMA. This is what I was told.

FP I will not be available once the remaining stock is gone. They still have some 32 oz bottles left but once they are gone that is it for FP I.

I was told that CMA is the North American distributor of Menzerna products and that all the other vendors get thier Menzerna products from CMA. This means that they also will not be getting FP I once the stock runs out.

mike79
04-27-2004, 06:06 PM
So is the FP1 that much better then the FP2? I used the FP2 today, with IP, and all I can say is wow. Stuff was very easy to work with, and I had great results, and I did it in direct sunlight. What did the FP1 do that the FP2 doesnt?

jstn
04-27-2004, 06:19 PM
http://www.premiumautocare.com/menzerna.html

dwayne still has FP1 available, or at least it seems that way on the website.

AutoNova
04-28-2004, 08:44 PM
I have the whole line from menzerna and I personally find it difficult to use. The glaze is difficult to put on and off and I didn`t think the IP worked well when doing a heavily swirled BMW last week. Almost too many steps with this product. Just my op.

Gonzo
04-29-2004, 08:11 AM
mike79

FP I contains just abrasives and water (if I remember the CMA description well). FP II contains that and some oils. I personally consider oil a filler that can mask very fine residual scratches. This is why I got 4 bottles of FP I for my personal stash. I might use a little for a couple of vehicles I know, but ..........