PDA

View Full Version : Best Professional Detailer in Louisiana...

Krelkor
04-26-2004, 10:08 AM
Not sure if this is the right forum......yall dont have regional forums!

anyway, might as well introduce myself

im steve...im from mandeville louisiana.

i have a 2001 black subaru impreza that needs alot of work.

ive done the detailing all last summer on this, and i decided im not that good, :)

i really would like to get the BASE done, you know. good ground work(ie clay, remove swirls, polish a little bit, get a good coat of wax/sealer/whatever done)

and then i can just spend the rest of the summer washing the car every 2 or 3 days, and then have someone rewax it again in the fall.

and its probably easier in the long run to just pay someone who knows what they`re doing and has all the supplies to do it right. i dont trust myself, and i dont have supplies.

so, i need suggestions from someone in louisiana, as to who i should drop my car off to for a day or so. or if someone who knows what they`re doing would like to come to my house, or me to theirs...... then maybe we could work something out.

thanks in advance!

if this is in the wrong spot, moderators feel free to move it.

jasonatv22
04-26-2004, 11:09 AM
You aren`t in the wrong place, you`re just here late.

I suggest you read up and get better. Though there are plenty of amazing detailers here, those aren`t the ones you`ll find at your local shops necessarily.

I`d advise you to spend the money you would on a detial on a PC and some products and do it yourself. Heck, if you haven`t damaged it much, there`s no need for the PC in my opinion. My car is 12 yrs old as of last month and looks pretty good. I`d love to have a PC but I wouldn`t say I need one.

Clicky the Learn button up there.

Suggesting Products for hand use bought locally:

Get some microfiber cloths that can`t scratch a CD (test them)

Get a wool or 100% cotton chinille mitt

Car wash, yadda yada, etc.

Cleaner/Sealant = Meguiars ColorX. Apply with foam pads, remove with MF cloths. Basically, follow instructions.

Clay = AutoZone has Clay Magic which comes with lubricant.

Sealant = Meguiars NXT, available everwhere and comes with a little applicator. Also, just follow instructions.

If you are getting scratches, then somethings scratching it. I have thrown out a new wash mitt because it marred my paint. Getting proper washing down will minimize this. Since I don`t know the condition of your paint, I`d suggest you use the cleaner/sealant before claying. I know, some people consider this overkill, but clay costs big money and there is no need to use more than you need. (Clay will remove surface and imbedded impurities in your paint. Cleaner will remove surface. Clay pre-cleaner = clay doing cleaner work. Clay post-cleaner = clay doing clay work.) After clay, rewash and NXT.

You will need to understand detailing, I`m afraid, Krelkor. Either that or you should have never bought the black car.

Take a picture and post it here if there is something about the paint that needs special attention.

I would never trust anyone else with my paint. There are daily horror stories here. Non-autopians come in and ask for help since some cheesy fly-by-night detailer had amateur night on the rotary. The horror...the horror...

Turbonator
04-26-2004, 03:21 PM
hello steve, you`ve got a few choices in the metro new orleans area. there are a growing number of us on this forum from the New Orleans area and many of us are starting detail businesses on the side. i personally have been in business for 10 years now, but i don`t go to the Northshore. i`m actually trying to figure out a way to expand to that side of the pond, but i don`t have time to deal with it right now. it usually takes anywhere from 3 - 4 weeks to get an appointment with me when you`re a new customer. if you look in my profile you`ll find my website - it explains everything i do. there are some other members from around here like: JCrawford(i helped him out recently), SouthernZ71, Intel486, GuessMyName, LouisianaJeepster, NHBFAN just to name a few. if you`d be willing to drop the car off at my house one day we could certainly make arrangements - i`d be more than happy to teach you how to take care of your car as well. just let me know by emailing me or pm`ing me.

gentletouch
04-28-2004, 05:24 PM
forgot about me Darren.....LOL

Turbonator
04-28-2004, 05:27 PM
actually scott, yeah, i did. i knew there was another la. member around that i forgot about.

gentletouch
04-28-2004, 06:05 PM
I think I can forgive you....LOL

ranch4x4
04-28-2004, 08:31 PM
Glad to see we have some LA boys in the house! I live in Covington and work in Metairie. I don`t really have a business... just an enthusiast!

Jcrawford
04-28-2004, 09:12 PM
WOOHOO louisiana boys are coming out!

i`m in folsom, just north of covington. I go to SLU so in two weeks when school let`s out i`d be more than happy to come help you w/ your car. if you don`t mind driving to kenner, hooking up w/ darren (sonnydaze1) wouldn`t be a bad idea. he is a very experienced detailer. i`ve learned a whole lot from him. drop me an e-mail cleanfrontier@hotmail.com

ranch4x4
04-28-2004, 10:13 PM
Hey JCrawford, I go to SLU also... :) What days do you have class? This semester I`m taking all off-campus classes in Abita, but will be back on main campus during the fall.

LouisanaJeeper
04-28-2004, 10:21 PM
what up guys.

We need a NO/ La Meet and Greet this summer or something.

I don`t detail professionally, but SouthernZ71 would probably take care of you if you would be in/ drive to the New Orleans area; he does good work.

Turbonator
04-28-2004, 10:23 PM
with all these la boys standing up to be counted it sounds like a detail day may be in order. whatta ya think guys, anybody up for that? this time joel, i`ll take the whole day off - i promise. if enough of you are interested start contacting me(pm or email[it`s in my profile]). no need to be a detailer, enthusiasts are fine - besides, sounds like an excuse for a get together; aka party. chips, dips, BEER, crawfish maybe.

ranch4x4
04-28-2004, 10:29 PM
count me in.

gentletouch
04-28-2004, 10:51 PM
I am in....I`ll bring my trailer and ALL my stuff...Let me know