PDA

View Full Version : What would you guys say?

mike79
04-25-2004, 11:21 PM
I love detailing my family`s car, and of course mine! But everytime i`m out there, washing and waxing away, I always have people pass by and comment on how much they love the way the car looks, and ask if I could do theirs. I ususally just say no thanks, but im starting to wonder if I should say yes, and if I do, how much do I charge? I know it depends on whats done, but what do I charge for something simple, to something pretty extensive? I really do a good job, heres a picture of the rear of my car after about 4 hours of work. Basically, what would you say...

METICULOUSMAN
04-25-2004, 11:33 PM
Ask them what they think is a fair price to pay for work like in your pic. Then see if it`s worth it for you. People seem to pay up for good work. At least in New York area. Good Luck!

ZaneO
04-25-2004, 11:36 PM
I try to charge about $15-$20 per hour.

Scottwax
04-25-2004, 11:37 PM
If you seriously are considering detailing for a living, you need to make at least $30 an hour. You should be able to wash, polish and wax the average sized sedan in a couple of hours. Add another 20-30 minutes to clay if needed and you can charge $60-75 for a basic exterior detail. Obviously, neglected paint, extra polishing steps, etc should be upcharged accordingly.

ben54
04-25-2004, 11:58 PM
Those prices sure seem reasonable.