PDA

View Full Version : First time using Souveran (sorry no pics)

TGates
04-25-2004, 10:01 PM
I fell in love with the ease of application and removal, but DANG, this stuff collects the dust. I used it over the Klasse twins, and drove my car for a night, and the next morning it almost looked brown. It`s a Black Obisidian G35 Coupe. I did not wash it after the application of the Souveran...do you think a post-wax washing might take some of the edge off the wax and help with the dust?

grt1today
04-25-2004, 10:19 PM
You could wash to get the dust off and then crystal mist it. That will help a little. I`m afraid you will notice a little more dust here and there now that you`ve switched to souveran, because that wet look seems to love to attract dust... Mines is`nt excessive, but it is noticeable to my eyes.

TGates
04-26-2004, 12:37 AM
Yeah, it`s DEFINITELY too dusty to crystal mist. I would have to either wash with PBWS or QEW. *sigh* Gotta love southwest Kansas :down

jasonatv22
04-26-2004, 10:01 AM
It`s an odd time of year to judge that. We are still getting pollenated here, but not like the initial burst. However, yeah, sealants tend to dust a little more.

If it`s just pollen, QD it. I`ve changed my QD to a gallon size after the last pollen attacks. But dust, like road or construction dust, you`ll be the judge.

imported_Greg
04-26-2004, 11:08 AM
Yeah, Souveran attracts the dust. Carnaubas do that, and Souveran is probably the worst. That`s one reason I switched to Zaino because I so rarely drive my car, when I do drive it, I don`t want it to be so dusty like when I used Souveran. NXT really attracts the dust too. PUPP probably attracted the least dust, I could let my car sit for 3 weeks and dust collection was very minimal.