PDA

View Full Version : Potential PC Purchase....Questions

Matt M, PA
04-25-2004, 06:23 PM
Hi gang.

Between reading on this forum and a PC owning friend`s suggestion, I have started looking into getting one.

While at Lowe`s today for another reason, I see that they sell a 7336SP model that is almost the same as the 7424. It comes with a polishing pad and rubber 6" disc.

I;d have to look again, but it seems to look much like the pad GG sells, but I can`t remember if it has the velcro on it.

It seems to me that this 7336 already has the 6" counterweight and would be more readily suited to polishing purposes than the 7424 that has the 5" pad. (As I understand it, to use the 6" hook & loop pad, you;d need toi change the counterweight.)

What`s the deal? Where do I buy, and which pads would be the right ones for DACP for example? Price is right too, $109

I have been using a 9" orbital (Craftsman cheapie) for my car trailer and Cleaner Wax, but would like something better for the vehicles.

Thanks!

Douxebris
04-25-2004, 06:40 PM
I believe this is the exact same machine (body/motor), as the coveted 7424. And yes, there`s not much reason to need a 5" pad/counterweight. I took mine off when I bought the 7424, and it remains in the drawer to this day. I got the hook/loop pad from Coastal Tool, and the pad kit(s) from Meguiar`s (comes with both polishing and finishing pads). I bought one cutting pad, which doesn`t see much use. I`ve gone through one set of the polish/finish pads, mostly cause the backing pad sepearates after a few rough rides, I suppose.

Jeff Laughhunn

Matt M, PA
04-25-2004, 06:43 PM
Thanks Jeff.

Now...(hitting head on desk) I have to remember to use that magic search thingie. I found a great thread on this.

Looks like by the time I pay the sales tax and buy a hook & loop backing plate...I might as well buy the Coastal Tools set-up. It seems that the 7336 DOES NOT come with the velcro backer. And who knows where I`d find that locally. Unless you can get it in a kit with pads....

Finally, what`s the difference between the 18001 and 18002 hook & loop pads?

Jesstzn
04-25-2004, 10:13 PM
Matt here is some helpful reading

Buffer Stuff (http://bimmer.roadfly.org/bmw/forums/detailing/forum.php?postid=1430487&page=1)

shaf
04-26-2004, 04:10 AM
Just get the 7336 and then buy a 5" backing plate when you go to buy pads. Almost everyone will sell both at the same place.