PDA

View Full Version : How to...Removing scratches

mike79
04-25-2004, 01:50 PM
My father has some decent scratches on the side of his new truck. Not down too far, cant see the primer, but not that good non the less. With a PC and the two Menzerna polishes, is it possible to get them out. Anything special that I have to do in order to get them out? I tried searching the subject, but couldnt find anything on this. If anyone can direct me to a previous thread discribing how to do this, I would appreciate it!

shaf
04-26-2004, 03:37 AM
If you do a titles only search for "scratches" or "scratch" I`m sure you`ll come up with many helpful threads.

The Learn! link at the top may also have an article about this (not sure though).

You`ll quickly find out that whether the scratches catches your fingernail or not will help determine if you can safely polish them out or not though.

mike79
04-26-2004, 10:38 AM
I did a search, really didnt come up with a lot, so I posted this question. Part of the scratch, I can feel with my fingernail, and parts of it I cant. Any info would be appreciated!

paco
04-26-2004, 11:09 AM
Hey Mike,

It sounds like you`re going to have to fill the scratch with some touch-up paint and the wet sand it or use Lanka to level the touch-paint.

No polish can help with something that can be felt with your fingernail unless you are extremely capable with wetsanding and a rotary buffer.