PDA

View Full Version : Car Covers and Trapped Water ?

underneath
04-25-2004, 01:18 PM
About four days a week my car is covered while outside. My question has to do with what happens when it rains and your car cover is soaked and left on your car. This can be bad for the car and paint correct? I`m just talking about some of the water that gets underneath the cover. Wouldn`t it be better to, after its done raining, remove the cover and let the car air dry? Thanks for any information and any extra advice you can give me! (Right now I`m using a Steeda cover that protects against the sun but I guess it could do a little better job against the rain huh?)

Bill D
04-25-2004, 01:50 PM
I feel leaving the car covered until the cover is dry is the best way to go. I`m a big believer in the "two cover method" I have both a Noah and a Weathershield cover. I cover the car with the Noah and then the WS on top of it. Sounds crazy, but the features of both covers, optimum water repellancy, ding protection, extra weight work together terifficly this way. Unless you are in severe prolonged rain, the rain doesn`t permeate to the car`s paint while both cover are still breathable. After the rain you can shake off the WS cover and it dries pretty fast. You can also blot it dry with towels. It`s likely the Noah will hardly be wet at all. It`s also nice you can wash the WS in your home washing machine.

But if I only could only have one cover, I would go with the Weathershield, it repels water and UV rays very well,dries quickly on its own, if you shake it it will dry faster, it folds up extra compactly and you can wash it at home.