PDA

View Full Version : Permaplate Rocks!

thinkweb
04-25-2004, 01:11 AM
When you`re not paying $350 to have your car sealed with permaplate you begin to look at the product differently. For a while I was working at a dealer up in Northern California and received some permaplate at dealer cost. Personally, I`ve had nothing but killer results; no swirls, great depth etc. At the end of the day, permaplate has been a killer product.

pwr4all3
04-25-2004, 01:18 AM
Originally posted by thinkweb

When you`re not paying $350 to have your car sealed with permaplate you begin to look at the product differently. For a while I was working at a dealer up in Northern California and received some permaplate at dealer cost. Personally, I`ve had nothing but killer results; no swirls, great depth etc. At the end of the day, permaplate has been a killer product.

How long does Perma-Plate last for?

Thanks,

Randy

6cyl's_of_fury
04-25-2004, 01:43 AM

Its not necessarily the product that is the problem, Im sure it is a pretty good product. The problem is the outrageous price, durability claims and the way the product is sold - with usually no mention of the fine print which states that it needs to be reapplied periodically.

thinkweb
04-25-2004, 02:06 AM
I`m sure the claims are outrageous.... the life of the car? ya right. I`ve had it for the last 6 months and it looks pretty damn good with a couple good coats of wax regularily applied.

pwr4all3
04-25-2004, 02:39 PM

I`m sure the claims are outrageous.... the life of the car? ya right. I`ve had it for the last 6 months and it looks pretty damn good with a couple good coats of wax regularily applied.

If Perma-Plate is insinuating that it lasts the life of the car then I have proof they failed! My 94 Mustang had it applied when it was new and it didn`t seem to help anymore than regular wax to prevent swirls etc. (check claims on website)

- Randy

thinkweb
04-25-2004, 07:06 PM
Originally posted by pwr4all3

My 94 Mustang had it applied when it was new and it didn`t seem to help anymore than regular wax to prevent swirls etc. (check claims on website)

Permaplate would probably argue that it`s virtually impossible to prove that their product didn`t prevent swirls. They would instead argue that your car would have been even worse without the sealant. But yes, as for the life of the car, that`s total crap. Myself on the other hand; so far it`s been 6 months and going strong.