PDA

View Full Version : Whats better, 1z or Menzerna?

Pages : [1] 2

mike79
04-24-2004, 10:21 PM
Hey guys. What would you use? Black car, only a year old. A lot of marring and slight swirls ( I thought they were bad swirl marks, but I was told its marring that occours naturally from washing the car). So what would you use and why? 1z, or the Menzerna?

scottabir
04-24-2004, 10:26 PM
Both are really good products. How are you applying the polish? If by PC I would use the 1z because I really like it and it works good consistantly for *me*. I also use menzerna FP because I like the depth it adds to the finish. If you want to stick to one brand I would advise you to get the 1Z because I think it is easier to use.

imported_edschwab1
04-24-2004, 10:28 PM
Which products do you have?

Each car finish responds differently to different polishes and compounds.

What kind vehicle are you asking for advise about?

Eric

mike79
04-24-2004, 10:28 PM
I am using a PC. I will apply it by hand, in small areas, to remove some slight scratches, then go to the lighter cut of either to go over the whole car.

mike79
04-24-2004, 10:33 PM
Its a 2003 Mustang Cobra. I have both products on order. I just want to make sure I use the correct product for my car.

scottabir
04-24-2004, 10:48 PM
why not try them both out and figure out what is easier for you personally to use. try a blemish with the IP, FP combo and try the 1z combo on another and see which gives YOU the best results? If you got both why not experiment a little?

andriver
04-24-2004, 11:15 PM
Agree with Scottbir. Why not do half the hood with one product and the other half with the other product. Stand back and decide which you like best.

Personally, I like the Einszett products for their ease of use.

Accumulator
04-25-2004, 11:56 AM
Mike79- I predict you`ll prefer the 1Z polishes, but a final pass with the FP might really make it nice.

Originally posted by mike79

[B]... I was told its marring that occours naturally from washing the car..

Heh heh, if you really work on your wash/dry technique, you can eliminate almost all of that. It`s not like it`s truly inevitable.

mike79
04-25-2004, 01:34 PM
Ok thanks guys. I`m supposed to have great weather in a few days, so I will give em both a shot. I will let you know how it goes. Thanks again

imported_Macgirl
04-25-2004, 03:01 PM
MY OPINION:

Tried them both and "I" prefer the 1Z polishes, but my car is silver. Very easy to work with by hand and machine and gives you a fantastic looking finish. Try `em both and let us know what you think.

Good luck :)

mbs17
04-25-2004, 03:51 PM
I used menzerna on this detail, have not used 1Z

dawn wash

clay magic

IP

FP

AIO

S100 x2

love the menzerna line. did not get to tires

2001 supercrew

imported_Aurora40
04-25-2004, 05:56 PM
What do you plan on using after polishing? That might help you decide. If you plan to use a synthetic product, keep in mind most 1Z polishes have carnauba in them. Menzerna afaik leaves basically nothing behind.

I am curious to try out the 1Z stuff if I plan to use only carnaubas (which I keep thinking about), but so far the Body Shop line from Meg`s works great for me except for the dusting with PC use.

mike79
04-25-2004, 06:02 PM
Im going to be using zaino. IF I go with the 1z, I will have to dawn anything that was left behind. From what I am told, the menzerna doesnt require any kind of washing after because it contains no fillers or oils. So I can basically just z6 the car after, and start applying the z5(3 coats) then the z2 the day after(3 more). Hopefully, this will give a deep, clean shine.

04BlackAV
04-25-2004, 06:12 PM
I used the 1Z polishes,PP then MP followed by AIO to clean up what the 1Z polishes left prior to using Zaino.Then on my wife`s I just did a QD with 50/50 iso/water instead of AIO to prep for Zaino after using the 1Z polishes.The 1Z polishes were very easy to use by hand.

mike79
04-25-2004, 06:17 PM
Is there a better way to remove anything left over from the 1z, instead of washing the car with dawn? Still new here, what is AIO or QD?