PDA

View Full Version : What to follow up DACP with?

Beason
04-24-2004, 04:35 PM
After using DACP with a cutting pad what should I follow up with before waxing? Meguiars Swirl Remover with a Polishing Pad or DACP with a poilishing pad?

imported_FordTaurus
04-24-2004, 05:01 PM
#9 with on a white pad ( if you`re using LC pads) on speed setting between 4 and 5 should work great. Follow up with your favorite wax.

-FordTaurus

Chris Y.
04-24-2004, 05:59 PM
I like SFP after DACP with a White LC pad @ 5 using a PC. I also like Menzerna FP or PB`s SSR 1 as other alternatives...

-Chris

beastie
04-24-2004, 06:47 PM
My latest regimen on my car is DACP/AIO/SG. I was using Menzerna FP after DACP but I wasn`t getting an appreciable improvement after I did my hood so I just AIO`d after DACP for the rest of the car.

Scottwax
04-24-2004, 08:28 PM
If you work DACP properly you can often go straight to a glaze like #81 or Vanilla Moose. If you are striving for absolute perfection, I would go with SFP #82 though.

6']['9
04-24-2004, 08:53 PM
82, 81, nxt should work just fine

Beason
04-24-2004, 11:17 PM
Well i still have some swirls on the car, im not sure but I think i might have worked the DACP in too long and have some marring. Its not ready for a polish i dont think. And I dont have any of the products you said except hand polish i think 81

shaf
04-26-2004, 02:25 AM
If you still have swirls then try DACP with a cutting pad or a polishing pad again (your call depending on how bad they still are). I wouldn`t rely on a swirl remover/polishing pad combo yet. If it`s marring then it should be very short, very fine looking scratches and it shouldn`t really look like "swirls" unless you did something really wrong.

Just some FYI for next time, I`ve had good luck with DACP and a polishing pad leaving a very fine finish. It`s good enough that I think I can skip an intermediate polish most of the time and go right to the next part.

If you get a swirl remover product, you`ll close the gap in your product line, since DACP is moderately strong, and Hand Polish is a glaze only.