PDA

View Full Version : Pleased with Meguiars (#51) Final Detail

jasonatv22
04-24-2004, 02:54 PM
Well, I finally bought my first gallon of QD rather than 16oz-ing it forever. I bought the Final Detail that, though it is #51, doesn`t actually say that on the jug.

It`s pink in color and has a pleasant smell which, frankly, smells like a bathroom air freshener. That`s not what I`m pleased about, though, it`s not a horrible smell.

What I am pleased about is performance and price.

Performance

Final Detail vs. Z6

I didn`t wash my car yesterday, as is my norm, due to a back injury on Tuesday. And good thing, as I was able to have a slightly dusty black car to test the products on. I`m using the 51 in a four for $3 cheapy bottle I bought at Wal-Mart which sprays so-so. However, being able to spray a good six sprays without thinking about the pricetag of that is quite nice. Even though my paint was still higher than 100 degrees (hot to touch) there was no streaking. Ditto for the section that I did with the Z6. 51 felt smoother to the touch than the Z did however.

Value

Final Detail vs. Z6 vs. Black Magic Cherry Scented Crap

Note: Black Magic wasn`t used in the performance category as, hey, what`s the point, it`s just clay lube since it is streaky on black, aka lousy QD.

Final Detail: $15/128oz = 12 cents per oz. :up

Z6: $7/16oz = 44 cents per oz.

BM: $5/16oz = 31 cents per oz, but who cares since it sucked.

Muchas gracias to thinksnow for demanding I buy it. BTW, is it ThinkSnow or ThinksNow?:D

Bill D
04-24-2004, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by Postwood

. Even though my paint was still higher than 100 degrees (hot to touch) there was no streaking. Ditto for the section that I did with the Z6. 51 felt smoother to the touch than the Z did however.

Yep, I can attest to this also. On a recent warm day I didn`t realzie how hot my paint got and I sprayed some FD and it steamed on contact :o, No streaking though, and it wiped beautifully :up

imported_Greg
04-24-2004, 03:39 PM
Hmm, I really like the smell of Final Detail. I agree too, it does its job wonderfully and its very economical.

SpoiledMan
04-24-2004, 03:44 PM
What`s the difference between Final Detail and Final Inspection?

imported_SouthernZ71
04-24-2004, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by SpoiledMan

What`s the difference between Final Detail and Final Inspection?

FI is body shop safe (no additives) FI cleans the paint and brings it back to the shine of whatever you topped the vehicle with.

FD is not (contains additives) FD adds carnauba/silicon for added protection/slickness

SpoiledMan
04-24-2004, 05:13 PM
Thanks!!!!! Guess I need to get a gallon of that stuff too.....

thinksnow
04-24-2004, 06:33 PM
BTW, is it ThinkSnow or ThinksNow?

Think Snow. Otherwise, it would be Thinks Never. College made me dumber:D