PDA

View Full Version : when polishing clients cars...

Simplistic
04-24-2004, 01:44 PM
doing a full detail, do you guys strive to totally take out any imperfections like swirls? or do you just do 1-2 passes with something like DACP and then problem area treat as needed? just wondering because polishing my own and my family`s cars it`s very time consuming even with a PC to go over and try and totally eliminate the vast majority of swirls.

quamen
04-24-2004, 07:02 PM
i found out that i can actually work faster without the buffer some how. I like to use the buffer to take out the impefections and then polish/wax by hand.

Scottwax
04-24-2004, 08:33 PM
I polish to the extent the customer is willing to pay for. Some want as close to perfection as possible, others just want some shine. I charge accordingly.

imported_Terry
04-24-2004, 08:49 PM
Originally posted by Scottwax

I polish to the extent the customer is willing to pay for. Some want as close to perfection as possible, others just want some shine. I charge accordingly. Yep, me too.....Money motivates ..

jimmybuffit
04-24-2004, 11:59 PM
I`m in the other school... My price includes the best job I can do. Not everything comes out, of course, but they pay me to detail their car, so I do. Completely.

Jim

imported_ajbarnes
04-25-2004, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by jimamary

I`m in the other school... My price includes the best job I can do. Not everything comes out, of course, but they pay me to detail their car, so I do. Completely.

Jim

Same here.

Simplistic
04-25-2004, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by jimamary

Jim that`s what I was thinking...i`m just gonna have to get my product application down pat, it`s mostly paint prep that takes the most time (actually polishing stuff out) because going over with VMW or GEPC and then some wax doesn`t take much time at all.