PDA

View Full Version : QD application question

beanbag
04-24-2004, 08:45 AM
Most QD instructions say to spray on and wipe off. What I`ve been doing is spray on one cloth, wipe on slowly, and wipe off with another cloth. It seems that this is less wasteful and ensures more even application. What do you guys think?

percynjpn
04-24-2004, 09:09 AM
That sounds about right. I spray it on a slightly damp cloth and apply it in straight lines (like wax). I then buff it off with a dry, plush terry towel.

jasonatv22
04-24-2004, 03:37 PM
I spray the car. Wipe with a double folded MF. When it gets mostly dried off, flip to the other quadrant of the MF and finish it off. Then use the moist quadrant again on the next section. etc etc.

Re: Wasteful. My topic of the day I`m harping on is that I just bought a gallong of Meguiars Final Detail for $15. 12 cents an oz rather than the 44 cents for my other favoirte QD, Z6. I`m very pleased and FD seems to be a little better than Z6 on my non-clearcoated black.

shaf
04-26-2004, 01:40 AM
Originally posted by Postwood

I spray the car. Wipe with a double folded MF. When it gets mostly dried off, flip to the other quadrant of the MF and finish it off. Then use the moist quadrant again on the next section. etc etc. What I do too. :)

It depends on how heavily you spray the surface with QD, but a bottle seems to last a fair while for me.

thinksnow
04-26-2004, 07:07 AM
I also spray the car, but I have an army of Meguiar`s Quik Detailer bottles to do the deed. For QD, there is no better sprayer on the market. Each bottle is marked with its respective products and the spray pattern is VERY fine. It takes me forever to get through 16 oz of FD (and that`s out of a gallon:eek: ).

maecrispy
04-26-2004, 07:42 AM
Originally posted by Postwood

I spray the car. Wipe with a double folded MF. When it gets mostly dried off, flip to the other quadrant of the MF and finish it off. Then use the moist quadrant again on the next section. etc etc.

Me too, me too! :p

Only thing I would add is that when I spray the QD on (I use Z-6), I don`t hold the bottle still so that I get a a big wet circle on the car. I move the bottle in a straight line quickly so the QD is pretty thin along the whole line. Really, very little goes a *long* way.