PDA

View Full Version : Natty`s versus Paste Glaz

Pages : [1] 2

rabbi
09-29-2004, 10:33 AM
Washed my wife`s car with Plat`s AutoWash Shampoo. I did every other section with Natty`s and Souveran Paste Glaz. The roof,trunk and hood were split in 1/2. Observations: Natty`s was easier on and off. The Glaz had a slight pull/drag. The difference in looks is obviously apparent.Natty`s has more clarity. The Paste is darker and a little deeper. I like deep but not dark. I like the bling of Natty`s better. I did a silver metallic so I want it to shimmer not darken. Friday when I wax again I`ll do Natty`s over the Paste Glaz and the Paste Glaz over the Natty`s. It`s overcast now so the car isn`t shining as it would in the bright sunlight but I can see the reflectivenss off Natty`s moreso than the Paste Glaz. The only fault I found with Natty`s was it did crumble a bit when I would stick the applicator into the jar. The Paste Glaz did not do this. Next wax job I`ll run the applicator around the wax so it will warm it up a bit and see if that alleviates the crumbling. As with every product I tried I like them both but I give Natty`s the nod on my silver metallic. Tomorrow I`ll see if there`s any difference in appearance.

rabbi
09-29-2004, 10:45 AM
I forgot to write this. I did the entire car then I wiped it off. Like I previously stated it was overcast so it wasn`t that hot out. The wax really didn`t stay on the car long in a high temp. condition. It was around 60 degrees when I waxed the car.

MattZ28
09-29-2004, 11:38 AM
Good little write-up. Yesterday I VM + EX`d my car, and EX`d my friend`s Cobra as well. As I was doing so, some guy that lives down the road came by and tossed me a jar of Paste Glaz and told me to enjoy it (my father gave him wood for the tarp on the roof at his mother`s house). Haven`t tried it yet though....

norahcrv
09-29-2004, 11:57 AM
Get to know that guy!!! Find out if he goes anywhere else in December! I`m sure that Woob would welcome a visit!! :lol

Rabbi - Sorry for the slight hi-jack! ;), but you know how I can be :angel

SilverLexus
09-29-2004, 02:11 PM
Hmmm, interesting...I like the Paste Glaz better than Natty`s on silver and gold cars. I have not seen much darkening with the Paste Glaz...maybe it depends on the shade of paint...

rabbi
09-29-2004, 02:35 PM
Lexus I was surprised. When I first found this site I was told that Souveran Paste was the bomb for dark cars and Paste Glaz for light or metallic. So I bought both. I thought with the Glaz there would be more clarity. Maybe tomorrow if it`s sunny the appearrance will change. This next sentence is a fact. My wife`s car looks so good right now. Friday will be wax day again.

Boss_429
09-29-2004, 03:32 PM
Hmmm, interesting...I like the Paste Glaz better than Natty`s on silver and gold cars. I have not seen much darkening with the Paste Glaz...maybe it depends on the shade of paint...

I like both those products on light colors. However, I agree.......... everybody has their own preference. I do like the fact that Natty`s is normally about $20 less per jar than the Paste Glaze.

rabbi
09-29-2004, 04:31 PM
Gotta go with you there Bossman. The price is right.

Woob
09-29-2004, 04:34 PM
Get to know that guy!!! Find out if he goes anywhere else in December! I`m sure that Woob would welcome a visit!! :lol

Rabbi - Sorry for the slight hi-jack! ;), but you know how I can be :angel

:confused: What? Weird. Norah you can come visit. If you bring detailing goodies! :lol

SilverLexus
09-29-2004, 08:13 PM
Paste Glaz is around $24.95 only $10 more than Natty`s.

Natty`s is a good product but Paste Glaz and P21S are my faves for lighter cars and it cannot touch Souveran for darker cars.

rabbi
09-29-2004, 08:44 PM
OK but :rabbi

probegt
09-29-2004, 09:40 PM
Isnt the Signature Series version for metallic paint? Maybe that will yeild better results for it instead of the Paste Glaz.

mtodde
09-29-2004, 09:44 PM
Isnt the Signature Series version for metallic paint? Maybe that will yeild better results for it instead of the Paste Glaz.

Yes it is their recommended wax for metallic paint. I`ve seen a lot of folks get great results with Paste Glaz, but I bought the Signature instead because I have a silver car. I`ve been very happy with it. When I ordered it I asked Autogeek (they own half of Pinnacle and run the Pinnacle web store) and they recommended Signature hands down...I`m glad I listened.

Boss_429
09-30-2004, 04:54 AM
Paste Glaz is around $24.95 only $10 more than Natty`s.

Natty`s is a good product but Paste Glaz and P21S are my faves for lighter cars and it cannot touch Souveran for darker cars.

It`s "normal" price (not sale price) is $34.95................. that`s $20 more.

I do agree that all those products are very nice, and look different on certain colors.

SilverLexus
09-30-2004, 09:41 AM
"Maybe that will yeild better results for it instead of the Paste Glaz."

I thought os too but Scottwax feels Paste Glaz is the best so I went with that.

"It`s "normal" price (not sale price) is $34.95................. that`s $20 more."

Well, the product is perpetually on sale for $25 at AutoGeek and CMA so I guess it depends on the definition of normal. AutoGeek has a 15% off site sale until tomorrow.

So by MSRP you are right, but "street price" is normally $25.