PDA

View Full Version : Lotus Pics

imported_turbomangt
04-23-2004, 09:13 PM
http://a1.cpimg.com/image/59/7E/32716121-46ae-01800120-.jpg

Here is a Lotus I did today. Applied my paint sealant which by the way is working out just the way I planned. I have a detail seminar tomorrow, at this dearlership. I hope for a nice turnout. I will try to post some pics. I have another car I will post, you won`t see many of them on the road, (If any) Gary

Buick_guy
04-23-2004, 10:53 PM
I always found most lotus` to be very ugly. Not that I`m flamming you or anything, it looks very shiny, just don`t like the shape of those cars.

LouisanaJeeper
04-23-2004, 11:06 PM
Considering it was designed in the late 80`s I think its styling is still very competitive with the new supercars.

Looks great

thinksnow
04-23-2004, 11:09 PM
It`s been customized, so I can`t tell--did this one have an 8 or a 4 in it. I was always amazed how well they could hold their own with a turbocharged 4 and a feather-light body.

*edit* --or-- turbocharged 6. Now I can`t even remember how small the Esprit`s engine was originally...

Scottwax
04-23-2004, 11:31 PM
I like the car. I think I have seen maybe 2 or 3 on the road in real life. Pretty damn rare.

What else did you use besides your sealant?

Don
04-24-2004, 12:32 AM
Lucky *******...a Lotus Esprit is my DREAM car....

imported_turbomangt
04-24-2004, 08:22 PM
Don`t know if you have been following my progress with my paint sealant program with this exotic dealer. But here is now it works. I do the paint sealant application for $100 on a new car, and $145 on a used car. I provide the brochure with what paint sealant does, and what value it has. The dealer charges $495 for it. I would be glad to mail you one of my handouts so you can see if it is something you want to do within your business. Its a big money maker for the dealer, I do ok, since it only takes me an hour and a half or so to apply it, not to mention I work on some realy cool cars. As for as Lotus is concerned, I see more factory defects in the paint on these cars than any others. For 94 grand, you would think they would have higher standards. If you want a copy of my flyer, e mail me direct. gary@perfectautofinish.com