PDA

View Full Version : Another question for the Natty`s experts

Pages : [1] 2

wifehatescar
09-28-2004, 09:28 PM
Well, I tried doing a panel at a time, then removing Natty`s and it removed *much* easier than letting it sit. (as covered in a previous post, letting it sit, IMO, makes it too hard to remove :ticked ). Doing it this way, one panel at a time, is was JUST starting to dry (it would sit for maybe 1 minute)

However, when I was done and pulled it into the twilight around 7pm, I could see in the hood blotchyness (kind of the circular pattern that I applied it in). About 1/2 the hood was darker than the rest in a blotchy pattern. It was very subtle, not noticeable under my strong garage halogen lights. So subtle, pictures did not pick it up (I tried)

A hit with S&W on a MF evened it out, a dry MF alone did not. Anyone else ever see this? How can it be avoided?

Weather was ~65F, low humidity, in the shade (7pm)

In my last post about "carnauba`s hard to remove", it seemed many people applied then removed 1 panel at a time. Has anyone see this effect?

awd330
09-28-2004, 09:34 PM
The only time I see that type of effect (with any carnauba, not just Natty`s) is if I try to apply in the open air right before sunset. Something about the change in humidity levels at that time just doesn`t go well with carnauba application. If I want to apply carnauba at that time of day, I make sure that I do it in an enclosed garage.

Thomas Dekany
09-29-2004, 12:05 AM
try using a pc. I`d say that it isn`t applied evenly. Happens to me too by hand.

Boss_429
09-29-2004, 04:48 AM
I would agree with Marj. Most carnauba`s are a bit finicky if there is a lot of moisture in the air.

I apply Natty`s in extremely thin coats, allow to fully dry/haze, and then remove with a DFTowel.............. that towel really helps. It comes off quite easily.

Bob
09-29-2004, 07:04 AM
I agree with both. I think it was not done even and the humidity or dew in the air. I was out at 7:00 last night and noticed a dew starting to form on the cars. Plus I find paste wax hard to get even cause it is hard to see. Sometimes I spply it by hand to the panel and then go over the panel with the grey LCC pad to smooth/even it out.

Poorboy
09-29-2004, 07:58 AM
Steve....Natty`s has to dry..it is not a WOWO(wipe on wipe off) product.
I also would not apply any LSP(last step products) at dusk or in the evening unless you are in a climate controlled indoor garage.

Steve

Bob
09-29-2004, 08:05 AM
Steve....Natty`s has to dry..it is not a WOWO(wipe on wipe off) product.
I also would not apply any LSP(last step products) at dusk or in the evening unless you are in a climate controlled indoor garage.

Steve

Agreed. The best thing I ever did was to insulate the Hell out of my garage and then this year I added an air conditioner. A dehumidifier would not hurt either I would think. But if I plug one more thing into my garage I know I will be running into the house to switch breakers. LOL

wifehatescar
09-29-2004, 10:32 AM
Well, first let me say with VM and EXP about 1 month old on my car, and the 2x of Natty`s I have applied over the last 2 weeks, my car looks great. I`m starting to be a beliver of layering paste carnauba.

I just looked at the car in fairly direct sun (11:30am here) and could not see any of the blotchyness...maybe it was actually dew forming on the car in the pattern of how Natty`s was applied. I plan to keep tabs on it today to see if it shows up again. It was VERY subtle.

I have trouble accepting the fact that LSP`s cannot be applied in the evening. I have done it many times in the past with no more trouble than I have during the day. I finish up many customer cars in the evening (some have garages, some don`t) so I can`t just say "oh well it`s evening, I`ll have to come back tomorrow to apply the LSP", I have to experiment to find what works for me.

Finally, I plan to experiment with Natty`s more to find what works. So far I`ve done:
Apply to what I thought was thin layers, let haze, wipe off (hard to remove)
Apply to 1 panel, then remove (easy to remove but against Steve`s advice)

I plan to try:
Applying as thin as humanly possible, let sit then remove
Apply with PC

I may also have been inspired to drop some $ on Souveran paste. Supposidly that is WOWO so maybe that would be more user friendly for my taste.

Bob
09-29-2004, 10:46 AM
http://www.detailcity.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7354

Might want to check that thread out Steve.

JaredPointer
09-29-2004, 10:47 AM
I may also have been inspired to drop some $ on Souveran paste. Supposidly that is WOWO so maybe that would be more user friendly for my taste.

Well, if you want to try a WOWO paste, try the s100. It`s good stuff. I know it`s probably not the same as PS, but it might be worth a shot seeing as it`s only about 14 bones.

wifehatescar
09-29-2004, 10:59 AM
I have used it, IMO I hate the crayon smell :)

NYV6Coupe
09-29-2004, 11:14 AM
Could be some nights you can pull-off applying your LSP after dusk (7 PM) and some nights you can`t, weather conditions are a big variable.

Ambient temp & humidity change from hour-to-hour. Perhaps you need to include a thermometer & hygrometer when you`re detailing a cust`s car, especially located in MI where you`re surrounded by the Great Lakes.

I don`t think barometric pressure would have anything to do with your fogging/hazing issue but you never know.

There`s always JWax.

wifehatescar
09-29-2004, 11:23 AM
Steve :wait

You forgot to add in the instructions for Natty`s that a Meteorology degree is required for use of this product!!! :lol

NYV6Coupe
09-29-2004, 11:26 AM
Steve should also include instructions on applying come sort of collegen cream to the corners of my eyes so I can diminish the crows feet caused by smiling so much when the car turns out great.

Jaguar
09-29-2004, 12:00 PM
Steve should also include instructions on applying come sort of collegen cream to the corners of my eyes so I can diminish the crows feet caused by smiling so much when the car turns out great.
:stupid

Happens to you too huh? :)