PDA

View Full Version : Anything at all on pedals?

Marcus
04-21-2004, 11:00 PM
Is there anything you can use on accelerator, brake, clutch pedals to make them look good again? I realize you don`t want to use anything that`ll make them slick, like Armour All or its clones. Do you just clean them and then leave them be, or is there something that`ll work? I vaguely recall someone telling me years ago to use hair spray.

thinksnow
04-21-2004, 11:05 PM
You can use a plastic/rubber/vinyl *cleaner* but nothing that says "Protectant" or "Conditioner."

scottabir
04-21-2004, 11:36 PM
Listen to the man from Virginia beach;) , no dressing but cleaners are good and then I usually buff them with a terry towel after a few minutes to get the excess off.

matc
04-21-2004, 11:57 PM
I agree, just buff with a damp cloth. You don`t want your feet to slip off!:D

Marcus
04-23-2004, 12:18 AM
Alright, I guess I`ll leave them alone. I guess I could always go out and buy new pads for shows. . . eh, maybe not.

LouisanaJeeper
04-23-2004, 12:27 AM
"cockpit premium"

2k1sohc
04-23-2004, 11:42 AM
Yes, definitely nothing slippery. A little soap and water is what I use, the same I used to use on my motorcycle. I only used Armour All on my motorcycle`s seat once! :o

Glossequation
04-23-2004, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by Marcus

Is there anything you can use on accelerator, brake, clutch pedals to make them look good again? I realize you don`t want to use anything that`ll make them slick, like Armour All or its clones. Do you just clean them and then leave them be, or is there something that`ll work? I vaguely recall someone telling me years ago to use hair spray.

Replace with aluminum pedals.