PDA

View Full Version : Okay to QEW with only one MF mit?

TGates
04-21-2004, 09:59 PM
I have seen a few posts where people are using two wool mits with QEW, but I only have one microfiber mit at the time. What would be the best way to go about using this stuff and minimizing any chances of abrasion?

FWIW, my car is NOT dirty, and will never be more than dusty, as it is not a daily driver. It *IS*, however, black.

What method should I use with only having one MF mit to use?

shaf
04-22-2004, 02:17 AM
It`s fine. It depends how obsessive you are about it, but some people actually just use the one bucket of QEW and one mitt. If you want you can also do a two bucket wash with the QEW.

I usually do a two bucket wash with conventional shampoo and I only use one mitt. The only time this has been a problem is if I rub the mitt over a splotch of grease or something on the lower panels, but by that time I`m usually almost done anyway.

Simplistic
04-22-2004, 02:01 PM
i currently have one mitt as well. however I do use two buckets. it totally helps as even with a rinse bucket, my QEW bucket will get dirty. i think i`ll experiment putting a bit of QEW in my rinse bucket. it might help settle the dirt.

however I would definitely recommend upgrading to a two mitt system. i might even upgrade to a 3 mitt system (bloom in rinse and bloom in QEW) but that might require a bit too much cleaning post wash.

Dinzdale40
04-22-2004, 02:37 PM
I`ve found that leaving the hose on right outside my garage....and spraying the mitt after it gets dirty keeps the mitt fresh and takes out all the dirt.....if i get stuff on it.....i carefully pick it out and rinse it again......the hose works better than having a second bucket......i use a second bucket too....but that`s just a place to put my mitt when i am drying before I rinse it off for the next panel or swipe(depending on how dirty the car is).....

EBPcivicsi
04-22-2004, 02:52 PM
I use one mitt for the body and one for the wheels when using QEW.

For the bucket, this is the best that I have found.

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b4dc03b3127cceb9588bdc5c2e0000001610

6 quarts on each side with marked increments makes it perfect for holding and measuring QEW. Also if the rinse water gets too dirty you can drain a bit and the large "chunks" out of the bottom.

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b4dc03b3127cceb95883fddd3b0000001610

BlueRanger
04-22-2004, 03:17 PM
now THAT is an awesome idea! I would have never thought of that, i have one at home that i never use....not anymore! GREAT TIP:xyxthumbs

thinksnow
04-22-2004, 03:26 PM
I would always use QeW in both buckets. If you have straight rinse water, you will be diluting the QeW mixture. Plus, QeW works by encapsulating the dirt, so a rinse bucket without would be less effective.

i currently have one mitt as well. however I do use two buckets. it totally helps as even with a rinse bucket, my QEW bucket will get dirty. i think i`ll experiment putting a bit of QEW in my rinse bucket. it might help settle the dirt.

Dinzdale40
04-22-2004, 03:52 PM
hmm.....haven`t thought of that....but I don`t wanna waste that much QEW....well i get my dirty out by mainly using the hose anyways....but that is a very valid point to others using two buckets.

GoodnClean
04-22-2004, 05:21 PM
I wash with one bucket and one MF mitt...

Any my paint is still there, unswirled ;)