PDA

View Full Version : P21S Paintwork Cleansing Lotion & 1zmp = same thing?

zachw1036
04-21-2004, 08:50 PM
I have some swirls but they are not that bad. is the 1z mp gonna cut them better than the P21S Paintwork Cleansing Lotion?

Blk_Mach
04-21-2004, 09:01 PM
yes its slightly more aggresive from my tests...but i`m a newb!

zachw1036
04-21-2004, 09:09 PM
ok how agressive is the 1z paint polish? i think i can skip it as long as i dont have a lot of swirls?

Blk_Mach
04-21-2004, 09:47 PM
i dunno i only had samples of mp and glanz..but its stronger than mp

shaf
04-22-2004, 01:58 AM
I know you`re asking about a couple products, but I think this type of question would get better exposure in AU since you seem to be asking for a product recommendation and some 1z user should know this fairly quickly.

If in doubt though, have them both (or a few polishes) on hand and try one of the milder products first to see if that does the trick. If not, then step up to the next strongest one. This is a general tip for how to go about choosing a polish if you`re not too sure. It doesn`t hurt to be well equipped with a good range of products either.

armoredsaint
04-22-2004, 04:49 AM
I would say that GEPC won`t remove swirls, it a chemical cleaner I believe with no abrasives from my experience, I use 3M products for swirl removal.

Accumulator
04-22-2004, 12:32 PM
The MP and the P21s GEPC aren`t really all that similar. The GEPC is SO mild it will hardly ever remove any marring, even on my Jag`s soft lacquer. It leaves some fillers but no real protection.

The MP is a little stronger; it really IS an abrasive polish. It will remove *VERY* minor marring and it leaves behind a decent layer of wax. But IMO it`s too mild to really be a "marring removal product". It`s more of a next-to-last-step product, or something to use once you`ve removed any "regular" marring like swirls.

If you have clearly visible marring, go with the PP. It`s not all that aggressive and it works well. Then try to NOT induce anything (new) that`s so bad that the MP can`t take care of it.

percynjpn
04-24-2004, 09:16 AM
Originally posted by Accumulator

If you have clearly visible marring, go with the PP. It`s not all that aggressive and it works well. Then try to NOT induce anything (new) that`s so bad that the MP can`t take care of it.

I agree with Accumulator, especially if you`re doing it by hand, and especially if the paint is light/metallic. I couldn`t comment on black or dark paint in that regard, but I suspect the PP would satisfy *MOST* :cool: people!

Bill D
04-24-2004, 10:25 AM
PP and MP, especially right after each other impressed me, haven`t really felt that way in a long time. I have GEPC and maybe for overkill, for the fun of it purposes, I may follow with it after the MP during a complete detail

Accumulator
04-24-2004, 11:44 AM
Bill D- Let us know how it works if you try it. I tried using GEPC after VM on the Jag, figuring it would make a *tiny* improvement, but *I* couldn`t see one, no matter how I looked. Certainly not worth the effort of cutting through the VM with the GEPC, at least for *me* on *that* paint. I predict the MP will be sorta hard for the GEPC to cut through too, and I sorta like the "MP look" better than what GEPC leaves anyhow, but that`s just me....