PDA

View Full Version : Any experience with Swissol products?

SilverLexus
04-21-2004, 05:50 PM
I am beginning to get intrigued about the Swissol brand of expensive car products from Switzerland...

Have any Autopians tried the waxes or other products?

Does anyone know who the distributor for North America is?

Have you ever seen any in stores?

Thanks for the help.

imported_BretFraz
04-21-2004, 06:37 PM
Lee,

The Search engine is your friend :D

http://www.autopia.org/forums/search.php?s=&action=showresults&searchid=348112&sortby=lastpost&sortorder=descending

Dog
04-21-2004, 06:40 PM
One of my friends uses Swissol products on his Focus RS, the results are quite impressive though I would say there are other products considerably cheaper that do a comparable job!

I cant see a list of US suppliers anywhere on their site though there is an order form here (http://www.swizol.com/E/US/KontaktBestform.htm) which states they ship from Connecticutt! :)

Hope this helps.

Rich

thinksnow
04-21-2004, 06:43 PM
$629!! That is a lifetime supply of just about anything:D

SilverLexus
04-21-2004, 09:40 PM
I think there is a Connecticut detailing products mafia! Maybe they are conspiring with the Zymol folks to raise prices for their Bentley owner client base. :)

Thanks Bret for the link. Using the search function is far too logical. :)

trueblueblood
04-21-2004, 11:21 PM
http://www.swissol.com/E/US/Produkte_Lack3.htm

Holy chit their Divine glaze on this page is $2000 Thank God for rich dumbarses or they wouldn`t be in business:D

SilverLexus
04-22-2004, 09:47 AM
I checked the search engine results but there is not really much evidence on Swissol quality here on Autopia outside of our colleague Wally from Belgium who is sold.

Although they do sell expensive concours waxes, their base waxes appear fairly reasonably priced for a premium product.

I hope someone can track down a distributor so I can order some and try it out and report back to Autopia what I find.

imported_CARFREAK
04-24-2004, 06:43 AM
Absolutely wonderful stuff!The equal of anything I have tried before in terms of shine,durability,ease of application and pleasure!It smells fabulous.

I particularly like Samurai and Concorso.

6cyl's_of_fury
04-24-2004, 07:56 AM
There is a guy in my building that uses swissoll, and I`ll second LWR said, it does do a good job, easy and smells good ( cant6 comment on durability ).

But they are pricey IMO. S100, #16 does as good, if not better job while being much easier on the hip pocket for me personally....

SilverLexus
04-26-2004, 01:25 PM
I received my information from Swissol North America today. They have very well done brochures but the handbook is not quite as nice as I expected. The processes described look reasonable. This stuff appears to be like Zymol but a bit better done.

The waxes come in 200ml canisters that look like S100 jars. Each jar is blended and poured by hand.

Here are some basic wax prices (US dollars):

Onyx (cheapest) $69 (30% Carnauba)

Saphir premium $119 (40% Carnauba)

Concorso (used on show cars) $199 (48% Carnauba)

Mystery $499...the mystery is the high price. :) (55% Carnauba)

Divine $1,950 (60% Brazilian white carnauba by volume)

They have several special blend waxes for cars:

Samurai (Japanese of course) $69

Viking (Saab/Volvo) $69

Shield (teflon for SUVs) $115

356 (older Porsches) $119

Zuffenhausen (newer Porsches) $119

Scuderia (Italian paints) $119

This seems reasonable. They appear to have their own version of sorts of GEPC called Cleaner Fluid at $30.

Car Bathe is a car shampoo concentrate at $49 for 200 ml which I find quite pricey. They also have convertible top cleaners, tire & wheel cleaners and dressings, and interior items including a tempting wax for wood trim.

I will try to get some Samurai and test it and report back.

Flatfour
04-26-2004, 01:59 PM
uuu

JoshABI
04-26-2004, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by SilverLexus

Divine $1,950 (60% Brazilian white carnauba by volume)

Well, I don`t feel so bad about paying 70 bucks for the Ivory Carnauba in Souveran now. ;)

Shield (teflon for SUVs) $115

Now I just have to find a way to heat that Teflon up to about 600 degrees so it`ll be useful.

I don`t want to sound like I`m ragging on em here just poking fun, let us know how the Samurai turns out...and I am interested to hear more about the car wash.