PDA

View Full Version : Your thoughts on Menzerna IP? FP?

imported_Unreal
04-21-2004, 05:06 PM
I just got these 2 products and was wandering what others think of them?

I am looking for somethng to remove swirls not hide them. Will these do the trick or did I make a bad choice? My swirls are very minor so I dont want to use something as harsh as DACP.

Is there Manufacture website for Menzerna?

breakneckvtec
04-21-2004, 05:32 PM
I havent used them but of the people that have most like them. However they do get dubbed gluezerna by some on here, due to the difficulty they had removing it.

Dinzdale40
04-21-2004, 05:34 PM
their polishing properties are top notch....but can be kinda finicky to remove....some people do it perfectly everytime....I used to be able to but some how lost the touch so i switched to 1z and it`s been much easier so far...

Bill D
04-21-2004, 05:57 PM
I use 1z now, Menzerna with a PC on white clear coat didn`t do it for me. Now that I also have black HARD Audi clear I think Menzerna can only really make a good impact with a rotary

Mindflux
04-21-2004, 06:21 PM
I`ve been happy with Menzerna IP and FP. It`s done it`s job for me on several occasions with my PC. Not terribly hard to remove either, just a 50/50 mix of IPA/Water and it comes off like butter.

Mindflux
04-21-2004, 06:22 PM
Originally posted by Bill D

I use 1z now, Menzerna with a PC on white clear coat didn`t do it for me. Now that I also have black HARD Audi clear I think Menzerna can only really make a good impact with a rotary

While I`ve got no experience with Audi paint personally, I really don`t understand how you think it`s `rock hard`? The general concensus on VW/Audi paint by most people is soft as heck. I know my VW paint is pretty soft.

Bill D
04-21-2004, 06:33 PM
Hmm.. I was thinking just the opposite, we`ve been seeing Audi paint difficulty situations here lately. It seems particularly hard given *for me * it takes some stronger than usual products to get good results with. Today I spent an hour, easily could`ve gone more, with my PC and multiple 4" pads on a single scratch just a bit deeper than a hairline scratch using all the 1z polishes and even some DACP, although the appearance improved significantly, only visible under flouresents, I`m concluding Audi paint is hard because I assume it wouldn`t take all those polishes to make a correction like that on other types of paint :nixweiss . This is just my experience so far. Similar situation with my 15 year old white clear coat Caddy paint I want to redetail entirely again later this summer

Mindflux
04-21-2004, 06:37 PM
Once upon a time we had a employee of PGG or whatever the big car paint manufacturer was. He said virtually all paints for the large manufacturers is the same stuff. Perhaps it`s the curing technique?

Gonzo
04-22-2004, 06:51 AM
I think it is too easy to use too much IP and that is the cause of the difficulties with its removal. I switched from that to DACP but now I`m highly impressed with the 1Z triplets. I really must get back to the IP, but with a rotary. Anthony Orosco prefers to use M`s Power Gloss and IP with a rotary, but beware, rotaries can cause a lot of damage quickly for the unwary or inattentive. I ALWAYS use FP and my final polsihing step, not so much to cut the paint but to burnish it. Until now with a finishing padd on a PC at 6. Next polish I will try it with my rotary.

6cyl's_of_fury
04-22-2004, 09:31 AM
I fricking love me!

Minimal residue to remove, swirl removal with ease and no oils! The *ultimate* sealant polishes IMO